Awsome Power of Fuel Oil Heat

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I've been playing around with my old Powermatic, and we fired it up yesterday to adjust the heater. We hooked up a wand, set the psi at 500, and cycled it few a while. Man, does it heat up fast, and maintains that heat where ever you set it. Nothing beats burner heat, kero or propane. I know there are many HXE's out there....I run one now with my Genesis, and they produce good heat, but the burner is the best! Dis-advantage .......carrying 2 fuels for your TM.

I see why Meat likes his PM

Oh.....and did I mention maintaining high heat and high flow??

Name
Steve Lawrence
Hey Robert,
I had an old Prochem 150 with a fuel oil burner, not as big as PM, though. Yes, the heat was awesome and very handy for extra tough cleaning challenges. I sure don't miss the burns from the wand and hoses, though. Also, I think it's fine for owner/op, but high heat in the hands of crews is something I would not want on my mind constantly.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Steve Lawrence said:
Also, I think it's fine for owner/op, but high heat in the hands of crews is something I would not want on my mind constantly.

I might agree with you "somewhat", Steve.
Maybe for an outfit with a "revolving door" of low paid, unmotivated wand jockeys that come and go....
but a competent crew can handle and use it to their (and your$) advantage responsibly.

it's no different than being responsible with some of the chems we use, or driving the van for that matter

..L.T.A.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Some call fuel oil heat "old technology". I think they are just jealous because their new technology doesn't perform as well. :)

Two fuels? I carry many more than two chemicals. No big deal.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Loren Egland said:
Some call fuel oil heat "old technology". I think they are just jealous because their new technology doesn't perform as well. :)

True, Loren....but I'm so used to just gassing up the truck and flying, and not dealing with a kero tank.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
There was a bit of a learning curve with the Powermatic for me. I had a small air leak on the chemical draw that was making the PSI drop. It took me a long time to diagnose the problem because of the unconventional plumbing. It’s does have its drawbacks but I love the heat and suck. I would take it over a poorly designed or overly complicated HE unit any day.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Loren Egland said:

Chemicals? I hardly use chemicals with my fire burner. LOL.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom