axial fans or reg fans?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
After attending Chuck's and have personnel attend Bolden's they had me questioning whether I was doing the right thing sticking with Drieaz. While I certainly respect both of them as instructors, I wonder if it's more personal issues with Drieaz being a competitor for training, that get in the way of pushing one product over the other.

I think Phoenix makes good equipment, I know far too many restorers who own it for it not to be good, so to me it comes down to personal preference.

We long ago chose Drieaz and have never regretted it, we do own other manufacturers equipment but 95% of what we own is Drieaz blue.

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
I have and use both the Phoenix 200 HT and the Drieaz 2000 LGR dehumidifiers. Both are good dehumidifiers and get the job done. However I prefer the Phoenix because I like to dry in higher temperatures and I like the way the hot air is exhausted on the floor where the water usually is. I also like the air filters that the Phoenix uses.

I was in desperate need of some regular carpet fans. I have 12 regular carpet blowers and 6 axial and needed 6 more fans. Everybody has their stuff out and the major suppliers were sold out. I called Interlink and their warehouse was out, but was able to get some shipped from the west coast. I think I got a great deal. 169 per fan and they can be linked and only draw 2.3 amps. Free shipping. My supplier had some offbrand air movers coming in tomorrow and wanted 225 per fan. That is not bad, but 169 for a better product is the way to go. Now all I need is a few dehumidifers.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
kmdineen said:
I have and use both the Phoenix 200 HT and the Drieaz 2000 LGR dehumidifiers. Both are good dehumidifiers and get the job done. However I prefer the Phoenix because I like to dry in higher temperatures and I like the way the hot air is exhausted on the floor where the water usually is. I also like the air filters that the Phoenix uses.

phoenix dehus exhaust have its good and bad points, the bad is that it is exhausted right on the side of the machine the intake is on the top, I think some of that air since its heated just rises and gets sucked right back in the machine, drieaz has the exhaust high on the back intake low in the front, I think that is a better way to do it, however phoenix makes hooking up no name lay flat duct a snap with that metal collar. drieaz wants to sell expensive proprietary stuff, however I just duct tape the regular stuff to it, and it ends up looking ghetto.

someone asked about the performance of the phoenix and drieaz units, yeah I live in a cold climate, however that does not factor in dehu performance, if the area in the home being dried is cold then yeah no dehu will work well, however I tested the drieaz 2000 and phoenix 200 max side by side on at least 2 jobs, I also tested more than one 200 max against the drieaz just to make sure I was getting accurate info, I like to dry my jobs ideally at about 85 degrees, it was around that temp that both units were tested. the drieaz 2000 stomps a mud hole in the 200 maxes, I emailed my findings to phoenix in detailed form asking how could this be because the ratings are so much higher with their equipment, they had no response, no questions about if my equipment was running right or well maintained nothing, just silence, pretty shitty that a company would have nothing to say when someone questions them.

PS both machines were putting out very similar air in regard to GPP however the drieaz blower puts out way more air, so if the units are putting out the same gpp air, drieaz holds a big advantage because it has much higher CFM, so don't be fooled by that. the phoenix units generally run a little hotter than the drieaz machine, but again the drieaz is putting our MORE air, so even that is likely a wash

Name
Nate W.
steve g said:
kmdineen said:

phoenix dehus exhaust have its good and bad points, the bad is that it is exhausted right on the side of the machine the intake is on the top, I think some of that air since its heated just rises and gets sucked right back in the machine, drieaz has the exhaust high on the back intake low in the front, I think that is a better way to do it, however phoenix makes hooking up no name lay flat duct a snap with that metal collar. drieaz wants to sell expensive proprietary stuff, however I just duct tape the regular stuff to it, and it ends up looking ghetto.

someone asked about the performance of the phoenix and drieaz units, yeah I live in a cold climate, however that does not factor in dehu performance, if the area in the home being dried is cold then yeah no dehu will work well, however I tested the drieaz 2000 and phoenix 200 max side by side on at least 2 jobs, I also tested more than one 200 max against the drieaz just to make sure I was getting accurate info, I like to dry my jobs ideally at about 85 degrees, it was around that temp that both units were tested. the drieaz 2000 stomps a mud hole in the 200 maxes, I emailed my findings to phoenix in detailed form asking how could this be because the ratings are so much higher with their equipment, they had no response, no questions about if my equipment was running right or well maintained nothing, just silence, pretty shitty that a company would have nothing to say when someone questions them.

PS both machines were putting out very similar air in regard to GPP however the drieaz blower puts out way more air, so if the units are putting out the same gpp air, drieaz holds a big advantage because it has much higher CFM, so don't be fooled by that. the phoenix units generally run a little hotter than the drieaz machine, but again the drieaz is putting our MORE air, so even that is likely a wash

I appreciate the reply. Thanks. :D

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
PS both machines were putting out very similar air in regard to GPP however the drieaz blower puts out way more air, so if the units are putting out the same gpp air, drieaz holds a big advantage because it has much higher CFM, so don't be fooled by that. the phoenix units generally run a little hotter than the drieaz machine, but again the drieaz is putting our MORE air, so even that is likely a wash[/quote]

I was referring to the Phoenix 200 HT not the max. The Dri-Eaz LGR 2000 puts out 320 CFM and the Phoenix 200 HT puts out 335 CFM, very close. However you do make some good points.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
kmdineen said:

I was referring to the Phoenix 200 HT not the max. The Dri-Eaz LGR 2000 puts out 320 CFM and the Phoenix 200 HT puts out 335 CFM, very close. However you do make some good points.[/quote]

I don't own the HT model but if the rest of the ratings are so far off, ALL of phoenix ratings must be checked in person rather than trusted, from what I am told the HT model works the same as the max but just keeps working as the temp goes above 90 degrees, heck maybe a larger blower motor is allowing it to do that. the HT offers no increase in performance over the max model, just allows higher temps for it to operate in.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
The Phoenix 200 HT is a better machine than the 200 max. I have one 200 max and it is one of the last to be used. I have Phoenix and Blue and also have now been trying the new Ultimate 340's. The 340's put out way more air than all the others and vent the exhaust down low and out the front. Right now, the Ultimate 340's have been working better for me in a number of places. Each one of the units I have tried do better things at certain times. I also do like to dry in higher heat when possible. So I really am finding they all will dry, but every dry down has presented unique challenges and each unit will get the job done, but just a bit differently.

Mark Saiger

CleanFreak.com

Supportive Member
Name
CleanFreak.com
I concur. A mixture of axial and air movers would be best. We have snail style fans available for as low as $142.95. With your 10% discount for being a member of Mikeysboard, you're final price is $128.66!!

Most axial fans can be daisy chained together which is ideal for the flood restoration industry. Snail style blowers are great because of their reduced cost.

Take a look here for our combination of axial and air movers at our sister site http://www.airmovers.com/. You're coupon is active there as well as at http://www.cleanfreak.com/.

PM me if any of you need the mikeysboard discount code.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom