Baby Blue Spotter, Servicemaster, Eco conscious folk....

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
My girlfriend works at a prestigious law firm. Her boss has her house-sit. His mansion overlooking the city is a few miles from my trailer. (Funny what happens when city planners don't put covenants on the land.) Her and I got to spend a wonderful week in a nice big house with a gorgeous view and a swimming pool. Everything was going fine until the dog ate some rancid roadkill without telling us, and broke out of it's kennel in the middle of the night and made red, green, grey, black and yellow spots all over the light cream colored carpet. I grabbed the van and fixed everything, added a coat of protector, cleaned with hydrocide etc... The lawyers wife was very nervous though. Her letting her boyfriend clean the carpets as apposed to calling "Their Service Guy". Servicemaster by Dutton. I have heard nothing but good things about him. He has carved out a niche in the high end market quite well. I believe his basic charge is around 40/cents foot versus my 28/cents foot. Spends a lot of time on the extras and is very professional. I'm not going to lie. I think the man has me beat. He may not get them as dry, and his traffic areas may not look as good, but he is a spot master and he knows how to conduct himself in the high end market.

Anyway. she was absolutely thrilled with the appearance of the carpets, but was going to give back the spot cleaner I left for her. Then she tried it on a spot in the other room and loves it. They are very eco-conscious and my spot cleaner (Baby Blue... Buy it from OLSON) is a natural formula but it doesn't have a big explanation of how many rain forests it saves like the other products in their home. Also, it doesn't come from their "Service Guy". Not quite sure why she rejected it in the first place. But after trying it she doesn't want to give it back.

It'll be interesting to see if they call me back to have the carpets cleaned again or if they keep using their "Service Guy". I have nothing against Dutton. He is a great carpet cleaner with a (pun alert --->) spotless reputation. I'm just curious why she would tell my girlfriend she was thrilled with the carpets, but wanted to give the spot cleaner back.

minuteman

Just ask her, next time you see her call her on the carpet & ask her, she is only human after all.

Greg

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Dude don't give in so easily, don't bad mouth him but you're got a lot going for you too.

Dutton is probably scared of the young kid at B&B ! :wink:

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I've taken enough of his customers to know his work pretty well. He is really good. The only reason I have ever taken a customer is because "They can no longer afford him."

Farenheit251

Gary, I kind of doubt the other guy is as great as you think. More likely a reasonably good cleaner with a great presentation.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The only reason I have ever taken a customer is because "They can no longer afford him."
Well welcome to the ballgame! With the down economy his customers should be ripe for picking.

Win this one and ask for refferals from her friends! 8)

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Her insight on that spotter is great to know for the future. If you don't want to know too bad, do it for me. I would love to know her thought process on that. Ask her if you can.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
She wanted to give it back because she already had a bottle of stuff her guy gave her. However, she tried it on a spot and it worked. She then mentioned she wanted to keep it but was scared about what sort of toxic ingredients it had that made it work so well. My girlfriend told her just to read the bottle. The ingredients are listed there.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Gary just go back over and take the bottle and take a HUGE swig of it. :) Baby Blue is as Safe or safer then anything she has in her house or her refrigerator.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I ought to huh?

Can't be encouraging people to drink it though. They will do it and then develop a psychosematic reaction to it. (Spelling?)

Back
Top Bottom