Back roll-up door

G

I have a Nissan UD truck with a spring that helps the back roll up door open. One of the cables that roll onto a wheel came off the track. I called the guy who fixed my garage door spring, but he said he doesn't or won't work on vehicles. Is there any way I can fix this myself?

Jeff Powell

Name
BradFenstermaker
Jeff find a semi truck mechanic. Do you have any large commercial truck outfits there? They do repairs on the road trailers everyday.

You could call Summit can't find the web addy though.

Brad

G

Yep , you can do it . You have to take the cotter pin out at the bottom of the door and wind it back up , use the other side as a guide to see how it rolls up - takes a lot of patience , i had mine do it twice in 2 years and it is a pain in the ass , but fixable if you keep cool.

James

G

James I took the cotter pin out and put the cable back in place, But it is about an inch short. Probably due the spring. How did you pull the cable back to the right place to put the cotter pin back in?

G

Mike, What time are you going to work ,I'll my wife and I meet you in front of your house if you are serious.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I'm curious, Jeff

You're a competitor of Mikes
Use the board, and he seems willing to help you out
but you aren't a supporting member?

..L.T.A.

G

Lairree...don't you see it???

Jeff has a UD...

That cult...oops,er...brotherhood trancends all others...

He'll buy wand trinkets for Martin, door repairs for a local, and there are rumors of a secret reacharound method!!!

I wonder who leaked that???

Mikey P

Administrator
Now that was uncalled for.

Jeff came by this Am but his door needs more then I could do on the fly.

How that boy has not blown that rig up yet is beyond me.

He hasn't touched his EDV in over a year :shock:

G

As I remember , I had the door slightly opened ( had my son helping me , I had a screwdriver in the wire opening and used force . The problem is that the door will shift a little to the other side that is still intact , so you just have to try to use the screwdriver to pull it down ( the wire ) while keeping the door from shifting - it can take a while , but like I said , been through it twice now .

Good luck

James

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Chuck said:
Lairree...don't you see it???

Jeff has a UD...

That cult...oops,er...brotherhood trancends all others...

He'll buy wand trinkets for Martin, door repairs for a local, and there are rumors of a secret reacharound method!!!

I wonder who leaked that???

come on Chuck I bet you have a Mike sticker on your Johnson.........

G

I made a small donation at mikeyfest but didn't want to toot my own horn.

PS door got fixed by overhead door Co. They charge me $180.00 for about five to 10 minutes worth of work but I paid it gladly and used the vortex all day. Mike I appreciate the help.

JP.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Jeff ignore Larry he is a nosey little biotch. Always getting in other people's business.

Golden Boy

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom