Back To The Greasy Kitchen Tile.......

R

R W

I had someone suggest "Trisodium Phosphate" today for degreasing this PITA commercial kitchen tile grout. Any comments on this stuff???

Rex Tyus

Back when I did exterior pressure washing I used it on an oily parking pad and it did quite well. That is my only experience as it has been outlawed for consumer use in Florida now. It is effective but if you are a tree hugger it will go against your religious beliefs. Not a green product (unless you count the algeae it grows in the lakes and rivers). :mrgreen:

R

R W

It was just a suggestion by an "outsider".....not in the T&G or CC business. But they had success in cleaning caked on grease with TSP.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
RW;

TSP was a decent hi-pH concrete cleaner.

Now, there are new surfactants that allow better penetration into the oily deposits.

The chemistry has made the job easier in the best-formulated products.

Larry Cobb

R

R W

I think I found the solution. Viper renew. I didn't think an acid base would cut the grease, but it did. I tested 4 products today on this tile......the Viper renew, a soy-based cleaner that does wonders on drive way oils, Axe-It VCT stripper, and good old Purple Power from the auto store. The VR cleaned and brightened the grout the best, by far. And that was only prespraying and scrubbing with a grout brush, then mopping up the mess. I didn't want to run out 300 foot of hose ....again.

I think it will be Viper Renew for this job.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Thats suprising. Maybe the acid loosened the top layer of the grout which then released the grease because it had nothing to adhere to.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Am I missing something? I just put down Stoneteck Restore on anything and it cleans up brand new like...Anyone try it?
How much am I screwing up peoples grout? Am I am tile hack??? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Shut up.
:mrgreen:

RickL

Brian Robison said:
Am I missing something? I just put down Stoneteck Restore on anything and it cleans up brand new like...Anyone try it?
How much am I screwing up peoples grout? Am I am tile hack??? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Shut up.
:mrgreen:
Brian someday your going to get into trouble using acid on basically everything (if I understand your comment correctly) Tile just like carpet requires the proper chems for the job.
In the case of a greasy restaurant you should be able to use a good stripper and be fine IF, like Mike said there isn't anything else on it.
With acid you have to be REALLLLLL careful that you don't get it on any appliances (particularly stainless steel) and it doesn't really do anything for grease. Your probably removing the grease with your scrubbing and pressure cleaning not the acid.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I know about the stainless...I had to buy some because of one of my techs...and he knew better. He's no longer with us (calm down, I just fired him...as far as you know)

I don't use acid on anything natural either of course. I've seen what it does to driveways...IE: my own.

It just always seems to clean up like butter.
The Klenzall that I use (alkaline) does really well also when I need it or run out of Restore (acid)

Any other problems I should be aware of?

Oh, I tested in on some grout in a Togo's sandwich shop and it ate right through that grout...I am guessing it is silicone grout or something? anyone know?

I always test first if I am not sure.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom