Back up camera

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
There is a lot of good ones out there...but if your going to install it yourself and never done anything like that before..get a small back license plate type with a wireless receiver..

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We have back up horns on the boxes, I'd like to get a good camera setup on them too.

Billy Hicks has a pretty elaborate setup on his rig ask him about his. His truck looks like a NASA space ship inside. eat yor heart out Werner

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
this is the best one out there as far as I am concerned...but really it would be over done for a van....this one is a better fit for a box truck..8 inch color screen.....different angles and views with a touch of a button...wide screen camera...

IMG_4867.jpg

IMG_4866.jpg

IMG_4868.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
the screen is a Phonics Digital 8 inch PD-198

the camera itself was a up grade and the box was unmarked....
with this camera you can set the truck in the middle lane and see each car on both sides and behind the truck......it will pan more left or more right which ever I want.......
zoom in....zoom out...

cost was just over $300 installed.......

Connor

Name
Connor
I have the safetyvision B/W camera on the hackney. I've had it for eight years with no problems. It turns on automatically when the truck is in reverse and can be turned on manually to view all the time. It also has a microphone so I can hear people talking at the back of the truck.

Back
Top Bottom