Bad assessment

Luky

Name
Mario
There is no way around it, I guess. I did an estimate by phone to clean four rooms and a set of stairs and gave it a Sunday price of a hundred bucks per area. I even finished before 3 pm, but between vacuuming(post-remodeling site), CRB-ing, coming back to numerous ink stains, and fighting a filthy set of stairs( twice), I had a nudging feeling that I had miscalculated the estimate and deserved better rate for services rendered. How do you deal with those situations?
Are we applying our famous line? To the next one!

Name
Brad Gouveia
If you decide that after you started... you eat. Before you can usually work it out. I would mention that you them a deal so if there is a next time they are aware of it and not expecting the same price. That is what I done and called it a learning experience.

Luky

Name
Mario
I bet you still hit a double.
It was more of a mental challenge, a question of putting the price on the effort rather than the outcome of the cleaning itself. A hundred a piece is not that bad, and I cleaned the sofa and loveseat afterward.
My wife constantly reminds me not to be OCD, especially if the customer is not expecting miracles.
Things can be learned; the way you approach your craft is instilled in you, and no matter how hopeless the carpet's condition is, we give our best.

Luky

Name
Mario
Estimates on the phone are just that. When you get there, if you see something else, you can change the price...............before you start
That's what she said...
Despite the fact my wife
( lady on the phone) always points out that an estimate is just an estimate; most customers expect a lower price, although I had one customer last week encouraging me to adjust the price.
I do often sympathize with a group of customers that have budget restrictions and give them complimentary cleaning; some of them appreciate the gesture, and some of them take it for granted. What's important is a balance of profit, state of mind, and body . If the body is moving, the mind is strong, and profits are rising.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Luky

Name
Mario
It feels weird to post during the day; the daylight is for work. It's gloomy weather in Chicagoland; it's time for self-reflection( have a cold one)

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
I my self had a very detailed way to estimate.I learned from previous employers.
If you inspect you know what to expect...
Your gonna get a few of them every year.
If you continue to book from phone.
But adjust the learning curve to match the scenario. 100 per area is far more then when, I started.At that rate per hour. YOUR hourly rate will overshadow errors in the year.
Regards Sir...

Reactions: Luky

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
There is no way around it, I guess. I did an estimate by phone to clean four rooms and a set of stairs and gave it a Sunday price of a hundred bucks per area. I even finished before 3 pm, but between vacuuming(post-remodeling site), CRB-ing, coming back to numerous ink stains, and fighting a filthy set of stairs( twice), I had a nudging feeling that I had miscalculated the estimate and deserved better rate for services rendered. How do you deal with those situations?
I'm assuming you charged for 5 areas. $500

So how were you not able to profit on cleaning just5 areas for $500?

I don't think you lost any money. It just wasn't one of those $150/hr easy jobs

Reactions: Numero Uno

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I gave a bad estimate over the phone where the customer said they had 6 rooms, so I charged for 6 areas. When I got there, it was 6 rooms the size of 12-15 areas. I didn't pull a tool out of my truck until they understood their rooms were huge.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Unfortunately some disasters clean up easier then others.

I've always went above and beyond, made mention I would never again...... Blah. Lah blah.

And hope they feel they got their money's worth.

All while blaming the condition of the carpet for the results.

Reactions: Luky

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I never do, so it makes me a carpet-cleaning whore.
The thing is most honest carpet cleaners will say, they have thought a job was going to be easier then it was.

And just by looking, unless you spend a hour on your carpet audits like some of these $1.00 foot kings.

I'm price over the phone based on size,

And I'll do the best I can.

If I see it's a complete disaster I'll recommend replacing.

But there have been times I thought this isn't so bad, and maybe my eyes hadn't adjusted to the dark environment.

And I was in a battle.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom