Bad Carpet cleaning ad

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
So today in our dealsaver ( this is like a local groupon) the new guy in town did a $59 3 room deal. He took part of my name so I am always getting calls asking me about deals and when he doesn't show up.
So I read the ad after I get another call today.
Blank blank carpet care weilds a sophisticated new truck mounted system, which combines power with efficiency to wash away any dirt and debris left in your carpet by the kids, pets and wet winter months.
The ad is one big run on paragraph. www.dealsaver.com/modesto
I can't wait until he runs out of people to bait and switch and moves to the next area.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I read it and thought it was so so not as badly written as implied. There have been lots of opinions on these daily deal products and imo they can be profitable for an owner op if they can add on more work and protector. Chris Adkins had reasonable success with this.

Chris A

Name
Chris
That looks like the typical verbiage those type of companies use to spiff the ads up. A halfway decent salesman could do really well with that price point. Even my totally apathetic tech did pretty well on the add. sales. With any marketing you are paying to market to both people you wanna clean for and those you don't. At least with the daily deals your getting some money to do it, and in a lump sum.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I run one a year ago and have received new orders from some this spring. I hope to call back others and increase repeat the orders.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I run one a year ago and have received new orders from some this spring. I hope to call back others and increase repeat the orders.

Yup, we put ours (except for the REALLY bad ones) in our same rotation for reminder cards, post cards etc. So far we've had 13 repeat clients at full price (just coming on a year since the deal expired), and 2 of those have repeated more than once. I expect that number to climb quite a bit when it gets closer to 18 months.

Reactions: Ken Snow

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I'm sure this is working out for him. At this price point you find yourself in some places you don't want to leave your van alone. The crime rate in this town since the crash is bad. If you call the police it's a hour before they get here. It took the police 30 minutes to respond to a stabbing in front of my house. Domestic dispute. I found if you go below $80 you are in nasty rat holes all day. I started with a min of $65 & raised it every year until I didn't have to worry the van or my safety.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom