Bad Company Review

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Not about me. I am a single dude and just met this fine young lady. She did not yet know my profession and sent me this (edited) email. Put on those customer eyeglasses. This is a good reveal of the effect we could have on a customer. Crap like this brings our whole industry down. Would this person ever hire another Carpet Cleaner? In her own words:

I had the weirdest day. I have explained it already to two of my girlfriends and they were floored. In short, I've had so many people in my place since I bought it, plumbers, construction people, destruction people, etc. Today I had Sears here to steam my bed, couch and rugs. For the first time since I lived here, and since I was in my 20's, I felt threatened and scared. What a weird afternoon. Got them out of here without incident, but believe me....Sears heard about the losers that they sent to my home. It was soooooo creeepy and I was all alone with these huge ex-con type males. OMG. I am so mad. It took me hours to get over this. Nothing happened, but any woman could tell that something was supposed to happen in their minds. I think they were planning robbing me. What an afternoon. I don't even know if my rugs and furniture, etc....are even clean now.

Yuck!!!

Write back soon...and have a good evening. I'm ready for bed. I know it's early, and around 900PM, but I am exhausted. My neighbor Mary just left because I emailed her about Sears and she stopped by after work. We had a couple of glasses of wine and I made us salads. She calmed me down, She was upset too, about his afternoon. I cannot tell you how creepy that was...and I rarely get scared or frightened by men in general. I get scared, but not about that. I got mugged about 8 years ago, and I ended up beating up the mugger and making him run away. Even the cops were dismayed...but this afternoon. ...creepy.

I'm going to bed now....have a good night.

Mike Draper

Its unreal that sears would actually hire folks like that. Sounds like they are more interested in paying minimum wage for trash workers than hiring someone who is useful for their company.

Walt

One of my clients told me she locked the previous cleaner out of the house.

I guess he was a really big guy and a close talker. Made her very uncomfortable. He gave her the bid, which she agreed to. When he walked out the door, she locked it and wouldn't let him back in. Scary.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
That’s why there will always be a place in the market for owner ops.
Everyday my customers say something like: I’ll leave a key under the doormat for you and a BLANK CHECK on the counter. Trust is huge!

PS. I hope you show her how to review a company online :lol: .

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Sears do not do any home service business any good with that incident.

Vinnie

RIP
Name
Vincent Annunziato
Unreal dirt bags like that give the whole industry a black eye.
Not likely that lady will have carpets done again. Unless a friend gives a rec.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
They were probably the owners!!! The guy that own the local sears here.. Looks like a thug. and does horrible work

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Newman said:
Not about me. I am a single dude and just met this fine young lady. She did not yet know my profession and sent me this (edited) email. Put on those customer eyeglasses. This is a good reveal of the effect we could have on a customer. Crap like this brings our whole industry down. Would this person ever hire another Carpet Cleaner? In her own words:

I had the weirdest day. I have explained it already to two of my girlfriends and they were floored. In short, I've had so many people in my place since I bought it, plumbers, construction people, destruction people, etc. Today I had Sears here to steam my bed, couch and rugs. For the first time since I lived here, and since I was in my 20's, I felt threatened and scared. What a weird afternoon. Got them out of here without incident, but believe me....Sears heard about the losers that they sent to my home. It was soooooo creeepy and I was all alone with these huge ex-con type males. OMG. I am so mad. It took me hours to get over this. Nothing happened, but any woman could tell that something was supposed to happen in their minds. I think they were planning robbing me. What an afternoon. I don't even know if my rugs and furniture, etc....are even clean now.

Yuck!!!

Write back soon...and have a good evening. I'm ready for bed. I know it's early, and around 900PM, but I am exhausted. My neighbor Mary just left because I emailed her about Sears and she stopped by after work. We had a couple of glasses of wine and I made us salads. She calmed me down, She was upset too, about his afternoon. I cannot tell you how creepy that was...and I rarely get scared or frightened by men in general. I get scared, but not about that. I got mugged about 8 years ago, and I ended up beating up the mugger and making him run away. Even the cops were dismayed...but this afternoon. ...creepy.

Okay, I'm even a woman...and am I the only one who thought this chick is a Drama Queen?!? I mean come on she even said nothing happened and they didn't do or say anything...she just put her assumptions as their intentions and ran with it. What specifically made her describe them as "ex-con looking"? Big, muscular, ethnicity, tats, what? People can't help their build and tats and piercings on the under 40 crowd are as common as flies on a shitpile.

My advice....let this one go or you'll wish you'd followed my advice.

Take care,
Lisa

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
The whole problem would likely never happen if you cleaners take this advice.

Look female clients in the eyes!!

They can tell when you are scanning at their boobs and other parts.

Above the neck guys.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Dave Yoakum said:

Above the neck guys.

She didn't say they were looking at her boobs or anything else.

She just projected her own unreasonable fears and paranoia onto these guys.

Take care,
Lisa

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
"Threatened and scared" can be code for they were checking me out and they were not my type.

That is exactly what I thought when the large woman in the trailer said she had just gotten out of prison and she was real horny.

She actually just said it with her eyes.

Buy my intuition told me what was really happening.

I made tracks as fast as i could.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
ROFLMAO....

Really, Newman if you were thinking of dating her, skip it. First fight you have she'll be emailing all of her friends telling them how awful you are and will have to go have W(h)ine and salad sessions with her BFF to calm down enough to go on with her life.

I also really wouldn't take her criticism of the contractors that seriously...

Take care,
Lisa

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Re: Re: Bad Company Review

truckmount girl said:
Newman said:

Yuck!!!

Okay, I'm even a woman...and am I the only one who thought this chick is a Drama Queen?!? I mean come on she even said nothing happened and they didn't do or say anything...she just put her assumptions as their intentions and ran with it. What specifically made her describe them as "ex-con looking"? Big, muscular, ethnicity, tats, what? People can't help their build and tats and piercings on the under 40 crowd are as common as flies on a shitpile.

My advice....let this one go or you'll wish you'd followed my advice.

Take care,
Lisa

I was thinking this but I didn't want to sound insensitive. :)

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Lisa, as correct as you may be, this is how this woman felt as a customer. Not all of my customers are strong powerful women such as yourself. I am sure that all of us have a few customers who are sheltered housewives. I have met you in person and you have a very dynamic personality. Is there any other woman that has hung around here on Mikeys Board as long as you? I think not. I have to assume you are the exception to the rule.

I just posted this to share a customer experience that we in the industry would not necessarily hear. My customers perception of my company is created by our image. We are on stage from the initial phone call until we collect a check. My goal is to make their experience exceed their expectations.

Maybe things are different on the left coast, but here in the Midwest we may be a bit more conservative. I personally will not hire someone with nose rings, gauges and tats on their neck for in home service, even if they are covered in flies.

If these two guys walked in for an interview with the same qualfications, which would you hire and why?

400_F_10363659_R1bEPtmAJc2A8Ag33zCu30I6TkCZTgHk.jpg

450px-Modern_primitive.jpg

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Dave Yoakum said:

Above the neck guys.

I ALWAYS look them straight in the nipples with both hands in my pockets. It's just my way of being warm and friendly.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Just out of curiosity....can you email her and ask her specifically what they did or said or what about their appearance made her so uncomfortable? You might also see if you can get her to divulge their race.

I've never considered myself powerful...just not a fearful person. Strong, maybe, powerful....not so much.

Take care,
Lisa

Jeff Brown

Name
Jeff Brown
truckmount girl said:
Just out of curiosity....can you email her and ask her specifically what they did or said or what about their appearance made her so uncomfortable? You might also see if you can get her to divulge their race.

I've never considered myself powerful...just not a fearful person. Strong, maybe, powerful....not so much.

Take care,
Lisa

What the heck does race have to do with it??

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
When I have a female customer i always greet them with a smile , introduce myself and wait for them to extend thier hand for a handshake. Iam 6'3" and lots of times my female customers are home alone and I want them to feel safe and secure while iam in the house working, I will complement the house or the yard never the customer.

Jeff Brown

Name
Jeff Brown
So now she is a racist? unbelievable!

Nothing in her email indicated that.

If she's white and the huge ex-con type males were of another race that still doesn't mean she is racist.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I didn't say she was racist, I was just wanting the full picture and what specifically triggered her feelings of discomfort. She may or may not be intimidated by people of other race. There are A LOT of people who are afraid to go into largely black or hispanic neighborhoods, etc. There unfortunately, are people who associate young, black men with crime....I'm not saying she is one of those people, that's what I was asking you to have her pinpoint for us...what about the men disturbed her?

Take care,
Lisa

Cameron1

Post subject: Re: Bad Company Review
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:44 pm
Supporting Member

First Name: Dave
Last Name: Yoakum
Business Name: Royal Carpet Cleaning
City: Lincoln
State or Province: NE
Carpet Cleaner: Yes
Favorite Brands: http://www.FreeMarketingForever.com
Years in Trade: 28
What is the 3 + 4: 0
"Threatened and scared" can be code for they were checking me out and they were not my type.

That is exactly what I thought when the large woman in the trailer said she had just gotten out of prison and she was real horny.

She actually just said it with her eyes.

Buy my intuition told me what was really happening.

I made tracks as fast as i could.
[you were making tracks all right.....but for the bedroom

joe harper

Name
joe harper
truckmount girl said:
I didn't say she was racist, I was just wanting the full picture and what specifically triggered her feelings of discomfort. She may or may not be intimidated by people of other race. There are A LOT of people who are afraid to go into largely black or hispanic neighborhoods, etc. There unfortunately, are people who associate young, black men with crime....I'm not saying she is one of those people, that's what I was asking you to have her pinpoint for us...what about the men disturbed her?

Take care,
Lisa

There are also ..Women who HATE other Women.. :shock:

Who sometimes become angered & suspicious of the OTHER women's intentions... :idea:

Many of these women HANG OUT...alone in environments usually frequented by mostly MALES.
These types of women ...feel that they can communicate better with other men...rather than
person's of their own sex.. :idea:

HEAVEN FORBID...another woman...stumbleS in on their TURF...There will be HELL TO PAY.!!!

just saying... !gotcha!

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
HARPER said:
truckmount girl said:

Take care,
Lisa

There are also ..Women who HATE other Women.. :shock:

Who sometimes become angered & suspicious of the OTHER women's intentions... :idea:

Many of these women HANG OUT...alone in environments usually frequented by mostly MALES.
These types of women ...feel that they can communicate better with other men...rather than
person's of their own sex.. :idea:

HEAVEN FORBID...another woman...stumbleS in on their TURF...There will be HELL TO PAY.!!!

just saying... !gotcha!

Ummmm....she's not on "my turf". Just trying to pass on a little female insight to Newman having known more than a few women that way...as for here, I welcome the genuine and honest ones, I love Debbie Lema and wish she would post here more often, I enjoyed Darlene who is a sweet and genuine woman. I just don't have much patience with the manipulative ones, the users and the ones who act like life is all high drama.

And as for you, you pervy old goat....you can chase all the young tail you want...and deal with all the drama that brings. When Anna Nicole Smith married the octogenarian, she may have been smiling, but it wasn't because he was a dynamo in the sack or swept her off her feet with his charm, it was all about the money baby. We all know that.

I'm just glad you are feeling good because despite your adversarial nature, your obsession with emoticoms and your thing for girls young enough to be your grandchildren, I like you and enjoy sparring with you once in a while....and the whole Josh fiasco really showed me your good heart.

Take care,
Lisa

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom