Badgering without the grate/mat

Name
Jesse
We've been badgering rugs without the grates, we don't have them.

Will we get more out of the rugs if I buy some drag mats or will it just speed up the process. We're very low volume when it comes to rug cleaning.

Thanks

Mikey P

Administrator
IMO just keep wacking them on the floor.

those mats are harsh and a pita.

our local very premium rug washers use Sanitaires and no mats.

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
Viscose and Silks do not do well with grates. May have pile distortion with some techniques of dusting them face down on grates. There are ways around this issue.

Some polypropylenes may fuzz with some strap machines. I have seen even Karastans fuzz too.

Some beater straps are made of PVC belting that are too edgy on their tips and can cause this fuzzing issue.

Like all tools, the operator should know how to use them to their advantage.

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
Brad,

The visual marks or pile distortion is largely caused by the compression from the weight of the machine and slapping of the rug against an unforgiving stationary grate on a floor. The grate concept is furnished to give particulates somewhere to go, away from the pile, when vibration of the rug occurs with the belt slapping technique. Our Wolverine Rug Duster uses belting as straps made of a PVC composite to achieve the best results given the situation. At the end of the day, all machines are tools. It behooves the operator to discern what works best in any given situation. If you use a strap beater/duster, then you may consider putting a pad to cushion compression between the pile of the rug and against the top edges of the grate to eliminate pile distortion. This will allow a little flex during the dusting procedure to eliminate some markings that will resemble the impressions made by the edges of the grates. I hope that helps.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom