Bait and switch ad in the Las Vegas area

Name
Eric Valentine
This is in with the grocery ads that come in the mail EVERY week. The travel charge is $10.00. I just love seeing bait n' switch ads.

8d283d01.jpg

Attachments

• 8d283d01.jpg
    8d283d01.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 1,864

Audra

Don't EVEN get me started on Bait n Switchers...Rug Suckers!!! Oh in our area they advertise for 7.95 per room...Wow 4.95 per room AND people fall for this kind of advertising which is sickening. :evil:

Farenheit251

Call and tell them you need a couple rooms cleaned. Say I won't be there but I will leave a check with the maid who doesn't speak English.

G

LMAO. There's quite a few bait and switchers around here too.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I cleaned for a lady a couple of years ago. She had a local $9.95 per room guy doing the carpet. She heard about me through one of her friends. I gave her a price and did the work.

When I was all done and she gave me the check, she kinds of laughs and says, it's funny but you were the same price as the $9.99 per room guy.

Clean her house every 6 months

she has a small 800sq ft house. 2 bedrooms, tiny hall and small living room. $240 with teflon and takes about an hour to do. Bait & Switch can be very profitable

can't beat em, join em

Becker

Name
Becker
WOW! Get dateline on the phone.

Hard sell, and in the end it's .75 per sq ft. Maybe more if ya want the truck mount.

I bet they walk on all basic cleanings where the client refuses to pay more for anything.

minuteman

Had a run in with a couple of these guy's, you may have heard of them on the national news,... Mike Milkin, A1 Carpet Cleaning the later from Los Angeles, California. Milkin tried for Credit Card fraud and B $ S and LOST! A1 CC same thing. Well one main point about these types is if you have a TM sooner or later they will contact you and try to get you to work for them and offer you 25% of the job,... it's just an add scam to get a sales person in the door, and if you have a rug doctor and a truck your hired !!!

Also, I have found that it is someone I know in the Industry that dose this type of thing! "Just for the ALMIGHTY DOLLAR"! So sad!!!!
Greg Minuteman P.C.S.

Jimbo

No wonder you need a 700$ van...don't get caught in that trap, young Eric, it will eat your lunch.- Jim

did you get the email re the van in Carson City?

Name
Eric Valentine
I did get the PM. The bait and switchers are everywhere here. I find it hilarious that after thier trip charge, pretreatment, and per room charge, I will actually charge less than them, and give the price upfront.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom