Bait and Switch

Condog

Name
Tony
I set a deal with my local Aramsco rep. to purchase a Brush Pro 20" CRB for a smoking deal of $2700 plus a set of black brushes for tile and grout, all for a total of $2800.
I confirmed it with a text message.
I picked up the machine today. They sold me a TM 5 for $2500. Plus a set of brown brushes, he said the brown would serve me better. He threw in an encapsulation jug regularly $43 for $20.
I got home and looked up the TM5 thinking it was the product code for the Brush Pro. Noooo, I was duped. It isn't necessarily a bad deal, but I wanted the Brush Pro w/the Shaw endorsement, and the ability to use in water for rugs should I decide to go that route. Not to mention resale value. Not to mention the deal for the Brush Pro was a great deal, well below market. The TM5 is market and I have seen, with minimal searching, a better deal.
I'm going to go back tomorrow and discuss this with the rep. any advice?

Aramsco for Posting.png

Condog

Name
Tony
Mike P recommended I go with a Cimex, but because I had already struck this deal w/t/ Aramsco rep. and he said he had ordered it for me, I went ahead w/t/Brush Pro.
If the rep doesn't want to budge I may try to negotiate the Cimex instead.
I thought the crb would work for me in the residential and eventually serve me as I tried to add some commercial.
However since I have the rotovac 360i, I could use the carpet & brush head for pretty similar results as the Brush Pro.
I know there are differences between the 360i and crb machine, but I'm just starting out.
Or should I just take this as an educational moment and move on?

FredC

Village Idiot
I set a deal with my local Aramsco rep. to purchase a Brush Pro 20" CRB for a smoking deal of $2700 plus a set of black brushes for tile and grout, all for a total of $2800.
I confirmed it with a text message.
I picked up the machine today. They sold me a TM 5 for $2500. Plus a set of brown brushes, he said the brown would serve me better. He threw in an encapsulation jug regularly $43 for $20.
I got home and looked up the TM5 thinking it was the product code for the Brush Pro. Noooo, I was duped. It isn't necessarily a bad deal, but I wanted the Brush Pro w/the Shaw endorsement, and the ability to use in water for rugs should I decide to go that route. Not to mention resale value. Not to mention the deal for the Brush Pro was a great deal, well below market. The TM5 is market and I have seen, with minimal searching, a better deal.
I'm going to go back tomorrow and discuss this with the rep. any advice?

View attachment 94206
I thought a Brushpro 20" was a TM5....just a different sticker

Reactions: Condog

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Well, brushpro 20" is pro 45 which is splash resistant version. They have 17" and 20" for pro.

Tm3, 4 and 5 are 10", 15" and 20"inch and not suitable for rug pits.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
The info is different now though... 2 years ago, it was as i thought it was. Now pro has 14 and 18". No idea. Maybe he got old version of brush pro.

FredC

Village Idiot
Well, brushpro 20" is pro 45 which is splash resistant version. They have 17" and 20" for pro.

Tm3, 4 and 5 are 10", 15" and 20"inch and not suitable for rug pits.
I get that.

Just everywhere else the Pro45 is listed as 18"

Looking at the brush model #s I guess it is a Pro45

Reactions: Condog and DAT

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Unless he was sold the strong industries crb... Maybe he should verify his purchases..

Condog

Name
Tony
It seems weird that it is an older model because it took 2 weeks for Aramsco to get the crb in. Makes me wonder if he was stalling trying to get out of a deal he shouldn't have made.
If I stay with the TM5 should I be worried about using it to scrub tile, since there is more water than on a carpet?

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
It seems weird that it is an older model because it took 2 weeks for Aramsco to get the crb in. Makes me wonder if he was stalling trying to get out of a deal he shouldn't have made.
If I stay with the TM5 should I be worried about using it to scrub tile, since there is more water than on a carpet?
Tiles are fine with tm version. I use my tm3 all the time for tile. Rug cleaning is far wetter situation then tiles would be.

Reactions: Condog

Condog

Name
Tony
rotovac 360i and ranger package. Came w/a wand.
I'm going to put a glide on the wand.
Found this video on youtube.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom