Bait & Switch Customers

lesterj2

Had a customer today which was booked for a cleaning (3BR, LR, DR, Hallway).
So I get to the house and she says she only wanted the LR & Hallway cleaned..
So Im pissed now but I held my composure and did the LR & Hallway...

Well to make a long story short when she seen the finished product she wanted
the other rooms did... But at that time I had rolled up all my hoses so I told her
it would be a $15 additional charge for having to run the hoses again...

She was fine with it... But how would you have handled the situation...

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Same way you did.. your time is valuable. If they respect that and recognize the time it cost you to request your service again like this lady did, then they will pay.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Lester make sure you always stick to you min charge. You will run into this from time to time but if your min is $100.00 charge the $100.00 for the one room.

If you put your hoses away you are correct in charging her to get them back out.

Bob Foster

You did good J2 cause you held your cool and got then money too.

Now I hope you left her with a least 2 business cards...

lesterj2

i wanted to let it slide but something in me was like well why didnt she just keep the whole thing like the appointment was setup... now i have to run hoses again... and on my way back out again i have to vac out the footprints in areas that i have already touched...

oh and whenever i leave a customer i leave 3 business cards and 3 flyers.. And tell them about the incentive program... for referrals...

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
Dont take offense to this but she may have seen something she didnt like but once you did a good job she changed her mind again.(tats or was she an old whitey racist afraid of the young black man, or latin or whatever you are I cant tell :D )Most old white people are kinda prejudiced
I always stop after Im done and say"was that everything, would you like the couch cleaned?" etc. before packing up.
How do you word the incentive program? Do you give a card or something like that with it ? I have to work on that.

diamond brian

You should always look to the future when dealing with your customers. Repeats and referrals are worth much more than $15. You obviously did a good job in her eyes, but you should have ended on a high note.

lesterj2

@Blob Fauseta:
with the incentive program i dont stalk them.. i just let them know i keep there basic info (Name, Address & Type of Cleaning)... and when they refer somebody remind them to mention who told them about me... and i will give them the credit for the referral... after 5 referrals or jobs you get a "FREE ROOM Cleaned"...

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Lester...a word of advice here...
NEVER say free......

It conveys the VALUE of the service yor givin'........

that's the FIRST thing that i learntt in this business!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Welcome to carpet cleaning.

Wait till some one says "I'ts only about 300 sqft" over the phone.
You get there and it's 700 or 800 sqft. Ugh.

Charge for what you are worth.

This may come down to the image thing I have been talking about.

What did she see when you walked in?

Did you have a uniform on? Nice shoes etc.?
Hair cut?
clean?

Or was one pant leg up on the calf, hat turned sideways, pants saggin, smokin a blunt, sunglasses, with a "whut up Beeotch" look on your face?

Just askin.

Rex Tyus

There is a line I still take from the Bane script. It goes something like...is there anything else we can clean for you today? They recommend you do this before rolling up your hoses. It also gives them an opportunity to address (in a non confrontational way) any quality concerns they may have.

You didn't do anything wrong and I doubt it was a racist thing :roll: like some one suggested. She probably had bad experiences before and did not want to "waste" money. Once she saw real improvement she was willing to come up off the cash. :D

Everyone preaches a pre inspection. Don't under estimate the value of a post inspection (prior to rolling up your hoses).

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I too believe in asking if there is anything else to do after I'm done cleaning.
Sometimes that is the best time to upsale...they love the job and think "yea, I will spend extra money to get it done as good as the rest of the job".

But winning them over first will get you more money upfront.

lesterj2

i had on the same thing as my Scariest Wand pic... black khakis & khaki shirt w/ tan Wallabees. i doubt if appearance had anything to do with it... maybe it was the camo. hat but i doubt it... the guy who pulls my hoses for me said she mentioned something about StanleySteemer coming and ripping her off out of $120... Maybe ill call her tomorrow and ask her is she pleased with her services...

lesterj2

bob vawter said:
i KNEW he was gonna stalk her.......!
man you have me crackin up, LMAO... i wanna meet you in person to see if you are the same "Bob Vawter"... i bet you are quieter than a church mouse...

Rex Tyus

lesterj2 said:
bob vawter said:
i KNEW he was gonna stalk her.......!
man you have me crackin up, LMAO... i wanna meet you in person to see if you are the same "Bob Foster"... i bet you are quieter than a church mouse...

Probably not since it was Bow Vawter that said it. :shock:

lesterj2

Rex Tyus said:
lesterj2 said:
[quote="bob vawter":eek:im86c32]i KNEW he was gonna stalk her.......!
man you have me crackin up, LMAO... i wanna meet you in person to see if you are the same "Bob Foster"... i bet you are quieter than a church mouse...

Probably not since it was Bow Vawter that said it. :shock:[/quote:eek:im86c32] damm now thats funny...

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
the only thing you might do is ask her, Ms._______ I am done cleaning, I think it looks great but I would like you to inspect my work before I pack up your hoses and groom the carpet

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
Prejudice is a sad fact here, it can easily be overcome though
I've heard the comments by little old ladies and have been stunned
maybe cause i'm in the boondocks
I was halfway joking anyway but something made her pause maybe reminded her of ss at first

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom