Bane blower pulley change out?

BB

Hey there, I know all you guys love bane Questions. So if i were to change the blower pulley to a larger pulley would by chance pull more air or cfm? I do not have a big budget to pimp my bane. BB :lol:

Jay D

Name
Jay D
call or email lee stockwell about banes he has modified some. I think he said to add a three stage vacuum in parralell to the blower to add more vac. He's a good guy and will tell you what works best. Also terry brevick has pimped out some bane's also.

Mister Sir

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
It would pull less air (reduce CFM), as that would slow down the blower, not speed it up.

You would need to reduce the blower pulley size, or increase the motor pulley size, but then you might over-load the motor and trip a breaker.

Greenie

Only so many amps.

If you take a bane blower that is spinning at 1400 rpms and try at spin it at say 1725 rpms, you will pull more amps, and you will likely have to back off the vac relief valve in the process.

I have noticed using a glided wand helps with this amp draw issue.

You would think the new two cord machines with the direct drive blower vs: belt drive would be in a better amp draw situation, but they are not as far as pimping your blower goes.

An in-line booster is going to be your best option.

A

anspach

greenie's right on

I have noticed that I don't trip breakers as much with a glide using my Bane - although when I do it's because some idiot is using a 15 amp circuit for an outside receptacle

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
All good advice above:

In about 1993, while working for the largest Bane user at the time, (23 TM's) we used the Franklin Motors before Bane (and can prove it). We found that you can go as small as a 3.2 (Bane uses 3.4) blower pulley without tripping 15 amp breakers. Do that, and you get an about 6% vac increase. No need to reset relief.

Thx,
Dale

G

And a Brevik booster makes about 150% more suck from the rumors I heard.

Chad

Back
Top Bottom