barest of bare bones operation~

Mikey P

Administrator
Had a unmarked Econoline working across the street from my job today.
Having no idea who he was or where hes from I waited for him to finish up and walked over and introduced myself Truns out he is the son of a well know local guy who has sold had sold his biz about 12 years ago and recently moved back. Dad had a good reputation for good results and low low prices.

Haven't heard much if anything about him since he came back and had no idea about the son, who..

Had a 2013 Cobb's truckmount w/honda motor, 45 blower, split tank. He had a $99 single jet wand sans glide. A mytee pool filter, one air mover, one $59 junk hand tool and ONE jug of chemicals that I assume was the rinse that he said he added to the tank cause his GPH meter never works.

He had the blower exhaust pipe turned up rather than out the floor to quite it down, which it was, very quite...but he had the back doors closed and the side barn doors opened just enough to let his hoses out :oldrolleyes: He may need a carbon monoxide lecture from Larry...

and thats it. nothing(!) else but some snacks and a map.

Said his dad had much the same set up...

We had a great conversation about hiring employees, santa cruz economics and my son's place in the biz. We never discussed equipment, methods or materials other than his comment of I've done over a thousand jobs and not one call back.

oh, and what he put in the tank was a natural soap that doesn't leave a residue.

I've never seen a truck that "simple".
Busier than they want to be was his quote...pretty interesting.

He did want to see the Vortex and not to be a pompous ass, I down played it as total overkill, noisy and over priced. I'm not sure what he though but he did like the idea of running two hoses.

Last edited:

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I have an old buddy with about the same setup. Nice unmarked van, good machine and a an unglided wand. Big guy who muscles the carpet clean. A true carpet cleaning athlete. We've worked together at times over the years, and he knows how others clean. He's always busy, with several jobs per day, mostly repeat and referral, no advertising. There is more than one way to skin a cat.

Last edited:

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
You couldn't dig through all the crap I carry : )

And some of it is there jus for nosey fookers like you, lol

Just waiting for the day I get followed : )

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
He sounds like a true go getter. The best kind. Given how successful you are Mikey I really must admit I admire your sense of humility and humanity. You will rub shoulders with anybody, no distinction, no complaint...... Except if you're an arse.

i like stories like this. I feel like a bit of a Maverick because we don't have a lot at our disposal. I think to some small extent it can do,you good, make you resourceful and so fourth.

Grant

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
It's amazing how we, as techs and biz owners, adapt to the tools we use. I believe you can get a very high degree of clean with different combinations of tools. Often times, more and better tools/Truckmounts just means a (big) increase in efficiency.

That's where the big trucks seem to shine. More suck, pressure, and heat. More of everything. It's probably a good thing that I don't know what I'm missing! ;-)

The Clean Machine

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
We have NEVER even offered a single jet wand . . .

Year-old TM . . . and an inadequate wand.

Don't skimp on your wand,

regardless of the type you choose.

Larry

Last edited:
Reactions: Russ T.
Name
I'm Rick James
We have NEVER even offered a single jet wand . . .

Year-old TM . . . and an inadequate wand.

Don't skimp on your wand,

regardless of the type you choose.

Larry

What kind of wands do you recommend that is a 2 inch tube?

Any word on the new mytee swivel? Have you ever considered making stock wands swivel?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom