BARF. (cleaning up IICRC)

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Got the glowing article about Larry Cooper leaving IICRC.

Especially liked this part:

"He will spend his future time and efforts continuing to work in his current businesses and working to improve and uplift the world, one person at a time."

I guess the part about "and make sure there is a buck in it for him" was edited out.

Kudos to the current IICRC board for literally removing a few of the people who felt entitled to having six figure consulting positions with the group solely based on because they've been around so damn long. Kudos as well for their actually putting positions out for bids, and truly researching to choose the best qualified, rather than a buddy.

I never thought I'd see the day that things would turn around there... but with Bishop and now Cooper moving on, maybe it's true that things do change over time.

It's interesting that the timing of this announcement comes during the week that Paul Thomspson's death was announced. Paul was one of the ones that was adamant about cleaning house at IICRC... and our industry will benefit from those past stances against some heavy political pressure of the old boys network.

I hope Cooper does in fact do a lot of good in the world. And with the "fresh blood" coming into IICRC - I hope they continue to reform and clean house to rebuild the faith of the cleaners back supporting their original mission.

Lisa

P.S. This is all just my opinion of course, based on working with both Connections and IICRC, and being one of the few who seemed to understand what "conflict of interest" actually meant.

Bucey

Name
FFA?
well said Lisa,

I have been apart of many associations in my different career paths and this is a common trend. I am a new comer to this industry and hope the IICRC continue to make these improvements.

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Where is Carey Vermeulen???

Just noticed on the LONG LIST of IICRC presidents Cooper worked with... that Carey Vermeulen is missing.

Hmmm. Would the fact that he didn't care for him make him erase him from the article? As if he never happened?!?

Nah... that would be childish.

Kind of like ignoring mentioning the founder of IICRC Ed York for making his lifetime consulting situation possible... or not mentioning the individual shareholders that helped make the organization possible - like Lee Pemberton...

Yeah... ignoring the people who really helped create the group would be childish.

Kind of like how me posting this is childish. :mrgreen: What can I say... I like to be a kid sometimes.

I served on the IICRC under Carey Vermeulen's presidency - which was 5000% better than the presidency of Lee Zimmerman, who sucked. Carey worked hard, and took some unpopular actions to try to clean up some of the mess there, but the seedy underground at that time worked to malign him and move him out of the way for Travis.

Those were ugly, ugly, ugly times. Married directors and advisors who were ethically and morally corrupt.

I am really happy I've seen the day when contracts for consultants are going out to bid for QUALIFIED candidates, and that the IICRC house is being cleaned up.

And the chance that they say they "forgot" about Carey will be BS because Carey is the sitting past president on the current Nominations Committee for the next board. Duh.

There should be an apology for the intentional public slight. He deserves more respect than that, even if Cooper didn't like him.

And me... well, we all know I'm an opinionated bitch, so now they don't have to quietly say it. I'm gladly taking the label.

And this is entirely my opinion, and if it has in some way offended you...

...grow up.

- Lisa

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'm amazed at the radical changes that have taken place that last few years. I truly never thought I'd live to see the day when the good guys out numbered the bad.

It's that whole deal about abuse of "Public trust", people to use position and power for their own personal benefit. I suppose they get feelings of entitlement and rationalize they deserve it for all they do for the association. ?????

Sure great to see good good news about the IICRC for a change!
:mrgreen:

Mikey P

Administrator
Should we be thanking Higgins for this great news?

I can spot a douche bag a mile away and the first time I laid eyes on Larry Cooper I got the runs.

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Mikey P said:
Should we be thanking Higgins for this great news?

I can spot a douche bag a mile away and the first time I laid eyes on Larry Cooper I got the runs.
Who is Higgins?

Lisa

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Doug Cox said:
I always enjoy your posts, Lisa. Good job.

Thanks Doug.

I blame it on too much ANGRY BIRDS...
:shock:

Lisa

P.S. Hey all you Fathers out there... Happy Father's Day! Just had breakfast with my dad. The fart humor does not get better with age... :mrgreen:

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Thanks for the info Lisa.

& thanks for being a straight shooter on our industry where many would rather pass misinformation, than upset the apple cart.

It seems the new broom is indeed sweeping clean.

I may now even consider re-joining IICRC IF their credibility is regained before I retire. shiteatinggrin

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Cleanfax edited their press release to include Carey Vermeulen. No notice of a "correction"... it was just "fixed" quietly today.

Still waiting for Kessler to do the same over at ICS.

Then, with corrected press releases... it'll be "just like it never happened."

That will certainly be easier than admitting the slight an apologizing. I don't know if a few of these guys even know how to give an apology or take responsibility. They certainly know how to take credit though. I felt like I had to wash my hands after reading that self-gratification press release... where's the damn Milgo?!?

Lisa

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Cary Vermeulen was not just a good president, but a very influential force for progress before and after his term.

Much of the IICRC's current improvements both in structure and vision were influenced by Carey.

Thanks for pointing this out Lisa.

Whatever the reason for the original oversight, it gives some of us tHe opportunity to give credit to a quiet, humble man of integrity.

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
I've been told that Cooper apologized to Carey, and that a corrected press release was sent out. I hope that is true.

I was then asked, very politely, to remove my original post... which I said "no" to.

When you make a mistake, you admit it, apologize, and move on... you don't erase it and pretend it didn't happen.

It will be interesting to see who gets elected on to the new board. They are cutting the size down to half of its current size. It will be fun to see if the good guys win this one, or the same old long-serving self-serving crowd. With 2 consultants now finally released, I have hope real reform is on the way there.

Lisa

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Well, well, well... seems the editor of one of our magazines was lied to!

He was told that Carey received a personal apology from Cooper... but if that happened, Carey apparently is not aware of it. :shock: (Oops...they got caught...)

He of course does not seem to be upset about it, but that's how Carey has always been. Not a lot of drama, just getting the work done.

I was joking when I said I did not think Cooper actually knew how to apologize... not in his bailiwick... but perhaps it is something he's had little practice at. When you are always right, you don't need to give apologies. :mrgreen:

But maybe if you tell everyone that you did it... even when you didn't... it'll make it the truth.

First step to deodorizing a stinky situation is to remove the SOURCE. I think the IICRC is bound to start smelling better very soon now that more of the source is leaving.

Lisa

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
My ex used to say......

"I may not always be right,

But I'm never wrong"

She was when she thought she married Mr Right. shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

Crikey, 43 flamin' years ago, she musta been the original Cougar, and I, the child groom. :shock: :oops: shiteatinggrin

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom