Basic Coatings

Name
Jesse
I have no idea about that product but we took over janitorial and floor care at a larger office that had a few thousand feet of "wood flooring" according to the person who hired us. When floors came due we were told to strip it, apply tycoat, then apply streetshoe & hardener. When we started stripping we realized that it was plastic planks that look like wood in a thick clear plastic... or something. The old finish came off in pieces that were like fiberglass. It was a nightmare to strip. We ended up recoating with traditional floor finish and its easier to maintain. It had adhered very well

Jamesh921

Name
James
Well, my supplier just texted me back and said that I COULD use it on laminate. But hey, thanks for your expertise input there Louis.

D Rice

Name
Doug Rice
Caution, Caution, Caution Most laminate floors are cardboard or high pressure paper with a plastic coating on the top. Does it have a finish on it now? Try to find out who the manufacturer is and contact them. Most of these floors can't handle much moisture and stripper would be an absolute nightmare. Proceed with caution and do your homework first. There is a lot of knowledge on this board but find out what your dealing with first.

Reactions: J Scott W

D Rice

Name
Doug Rice
Sorry but your supplier is trying to sell chemicals. Call BASIC and see what they say. Is he going to take it off if it ruins the floor?

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
If you he runs a dirt dragon and or 175 with just the ift cleaner it won't cause any harm as the product is being sprayed down w/ a quart bottle and misted on the floor. The Dragon will put more solution down but only for a few seconds before getting vacced up. The cleaners that BC has are mild strippers. I've cleaned several laminate floors w/ it before, no issues. The maid ladies will put more moisture in those floors w/ their mop and glow process.

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
Well, my supplier just texted me back and said that I COULD use it on laminate. But hey, thanks for your expertise input there Louis.

My opinion, your suppliers or basic coatings opinion means nothing. The only thing that matters is the manufacture's cleaning and maintenance guidelines. If anything goes wrong with this floor your arse is on the line and you will be blamed for it. But since you are not in CA this may not
be the case.
Luis

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Most laminate floors have a pretty tough wear layer made of aluminum dioxide. They get soiled and they get cloudy due to a build-up of the wrong cleaning products and/or hard water. If you get the laminate clean it will look like it did when it was new and no finish is required (unless it has really been worn due to high traffic).

Laminate can be cleaned with the BAsic Squeeky or with Hydro-Force Wood Fresh Cleaner. Either gives good results.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom