Bathroom Tile problem

Mikey P

Administrator
Not my job, just helping advise over the phone..

In the first picture the streaks/swirls were revealed after cleaning with Flex Powder and a SX15.
2nd photo is another room, in perfect condition, third pic is the same bathroom but an unstreaked area

Acids and a stripper along with hand scrubbing did not touch it. He doesn't think there is a topical and the pictures of the grout sure doesn't look like it. The staff think the tile "coating" has been damaged or removed, which it sure looks like..
He going to go back with a Malgrit brush, a black 3M pad and some nuke sauce to try again..
thoughts?

IMG_0835.jpg

IMG_0839.jpg

IMG_0837.jpg

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
I cleaned some restroom tile here. It looks the same. The no slip glaze has been dissolved away over the years. It may improve some but it’s doubtful.

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
Who knows what the janitors used to mop it with?
You should see what some of them have on their carts.
Redirect the blame to them
Janitors 😒. I was cleaning some tile and Grout one evening and the on staff janitors were doing some carpet. We were talking and comparing equipment. He was using some walk behind extractor. I asked what cleaner he was using? He says, “Windex”.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Is that only spot that has that? No where else in the bathroom(s) did this occur?

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
There is a topical on it. Those are not swirl marks from a spinner, the topical has been scratched. You can also see the topical on the grout. Cleaned an auto dealership for a while that had tile like that. A salesman had come in prior to me cleaning it and sold them on finish that would never need stripping. It eventually wore off in the traffic lanes so they wanted it stripped. That stuff would not come off. He needs to start asking any employee that has been around awhile some questions.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
There is a topical on it. Those are not swirl marks from a spinner, the topical has been scratched. You can also see the topical on the grout. Cleaned an auto dealership for a while that had tile like that. A salesman had come in prior to me cleaning it and sold them on finish that would never need stripping. It eventually wore off in the traffic lanes so they wanted it stripped. That stuff would not come off. He needs to start asking any employee that has been around awhile some questions.
Yep who know's what multitude of sins have happened there?
I did a service station (gas station?) bout 6 months ago and was peeling off black grout lines back to the original grey.. except this area right in the middle that wouldn't budge? They then told me they had dropped a battery and the acid had eaten the grout away.. the tile guy had regrouted with black to match the dirty grout :hopeless:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom