Battery Issues

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
The last few days the V has been slow on starting. I had to charge her this morning to get her started. Battery charger showed 90% charge when I hooked it up. Probably a bad cell in one or both batteries. Mikey, didn't u have to replace your batteries about a year ago? Didn't you say it set u back $700 or were you just pulling some leg?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I replaced mine about a year and a half ago and if I remember right it was about $500 bucks.......I went with the gel batteries......I prefer those over the acid ones.....I have been running the same gel battery in my Tundra going on 5 years now without a single issue.......

90% on a duel battery set up is not really all that bad......have you checked to make sure all the connections are clean and tight.....nothing has been left on........

Name
George Valliant
I purchased a couple marine batteries from Walmart six months ago. Don't remember what paid for them but probably less than $100 each.

They seem to be working just fine

hogjowl

Idiot™
I bought two batteries for mine at AutoZone back in March of last year. I spent $213.44 total for both. About 6 months later I noticed the V was kinda dragging a bit when it started and I took the box cover off and noticed that the positive connection on the first battery had slipped off.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom