Bayco valve

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer
For those with PM's, I highly recommend the Bayco valve (15") from Greenie. About a ten second install. Just simply unscrew the relief spring, add a 2" double male ended short pipe and there you go. The great thing is that my machine runs smoother. I think it's from the controlled leak the valve creates versus the relief spring constantly opening and shutting.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Tom, what do you mean "controled leak"??

I thought the valve cycled open and closed.

When the the valve opens, how many hg does it drop before closing again?

Thanks

...L.T.A.

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer
Larry

At about 13.5" you can feel a little air drawing into the valve as it continues to climb. Just shy of 15", the valve completely cycles open and it will drop about 2". The RPM's only drop about 100 to 125 at it pegs 15".

I hope that helps..

Greenie

the miracle of a mechanical valve vs: a spring relief.

The powermatic crowd is an easy conversion, i wish all mfgs. had 2" threaded relief valves.

The powermatic is also an easy 2.5" hose conversion as they are already plumbed for it. The hose will do just as much good as the valve.

Al

I put my Bayco on last night, It was so simple Waldo could do it!
What a Difference!

We will be field testing it today.

AL

FastEddie

My Bayco releases at 15.5-16hg and remains at 15hg with my RV360.
I would say I'm in the zone.

I ported the glides and I'm glad I did.

Greenie

Eddie understands the balance thing, each wand can be dialed in.

Most guys trip out cause the valves will show a variable HG reading as they open and close. This is normal. A traditional spring just slowly leaks and stays leaking under load.

Stop looking at the gage, and focus on your recovery in the tank.

FastEddie

Let me re-phrase. I should say "notches" instead of ports. I added some nice clean notches on each end of my 360 glides with a round file.

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
So what do the bayco valves cost? Just wondering as I have a Powermatic and have glides on both wand and rx20. Just reading about it and it sounds like it would increase dry times even more? :?

Scott Rogers

I thought these valves popped off at a set hg's say 15 with no leakage before. Why is Toms starting to leak at 13?

Greenie

The 2" Bayco is $219 from us, maybe you Can do better from your local supplier.

The valves are more precise, but they still have a little "creep-age" as the spring gets ready to pop.
btw: a 15"hg valve has a small give or take, probably 1/2"hg, and then there is plumbing to consider, so yes there is variability.

A 15" valve is designed to NOT EXCEED 15", it's safety valve, the average 15" valve off the shelf will likely start to open about 13.5" which is a moot point, because the action of one of these valves is safer and generates more net vacuum at the wand than a conventional spring relief.

Now, that said, the smaller units seem to benefit more form these valves, big units are over-engineered anyways, so you have air to spare, and it's not as noticeable.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom