be careful How you store things in your Van.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
We had a small fire inside my Van today. A moving blanket sail on to the Lower exhaust heat exchange rate and ignited.
16574809512786647027793673164373.jpg16574809841463239162729351030105.jpg

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Good luck on repairs an dealing with insurance.

everything is working fine. Only the seats and door have damage. I don't think I'll file a claim as the damage is below the deductible.
My son was a hero and grab the burning blanket and tossed it out of the van. only slight pain in his hand.
Thank everyone. learn from my mistakes.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
everything is working fine. Only the seats and door have damage. I don't think I'll file a claim as the damage is below the deductible.
My son was a hero and grab the burning blanket and tossed it out of the van. only slight pain in his hand.
Thank everyone. learn from my mistakes.
Do you carry a fire extinguisher?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
🤣 we were rushing around trying to find it!
used Garden hose instead.
I've been carrying a 5 lb extinguisher with me studded under the front passenger seat for years now. Never had to use it but it's nice to know it's there. Not only for yourself but you main come across a wreck somewhere where you might need it. Could save someone's life. I have a service company up the road from me that performs an annual service and recharge.

Reactions: Papa John

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I've been carrying a 5 lb extinguisher with me studded under the front passenger seat for years now.
We used to put them up front until we realized all of the van fires happen to the unit or something up front. We put them on the passenger rear door now. First door you open, extinguisher right at ya.

They've been handy for putting out other people's fires.

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Glad you got passed that one. I was shaking like a leaf when my pto burned the clutch. Scary stuff man, gonna inspect tomorrow, or actually now.......

Reactions: Papa John

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Seriously, I don't even believe the amount of items I found. I will tell you Im $2 richer, and not proud to get it that way. I can totally see how this can happen. Poppin the console, is a little bit of a inconvenience at times and I forget. Its the dog days of Summer here finally, hot and muggy

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
We used to put them up front until we realized all of the van fires happen to the unit or something up front. We put them on the passenger rear door now. First door you open, extinguisher right at ya.

They've been handy for putting out other people's fires.
got em passenger side front both trucks. I had more fear of the fire when I had a kerosene burner inline with the Thermalwave. I was a bit of a heat freak.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
got em passenger side front both trucks. I had more fear of the fire when I had a kerosene burner inline with the Thermalwave. I was a bit of a heat freak.
There was no need for a thermalwave to have a kerosene heater. Did you clean only chinese restaurants and buffet joints?

Reactions: Mike J

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
There was no need for a thermalwave to have a kerosene heater. Did you clean only chinese restaurants and buffet joints?
A few, but I liked it in cold weather with instant heat at startup. When I was with my tech we always double wanded wide open. And it did eat up restaraunts but I now only clean one of them because the place is happening, like my truck to be seen there. They replace carpet every two years and I clean whenever I remind, not the typical account there. But I agree, that's why its under my bench (burner), not in the van

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides

Matt, this is what was post machine. I had an inverter too that got fried in the rain one job. Had to run an extension cord. Nasty to maintain
7D14C81B-AFA6-453D-996C-076B7D063CB4.jpeg

That ductwork laid on top of it and exhausted out the side door with the machine. I really need to ditch this thing, space killer

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom