Bearings

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Anybody have a source for turbo force spinner bearing. bearings 56801z sbc. I googled and came up dry. Maybe my eyes are reading it wrong.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Here’s a picture

F0E86DF6-C822-4929-8D2A-8DFE5FA75635.jpeg

FredC

Village Idiot
I couldn't really find anything either

thought the z may have been a number before the pic

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Both sides and both bearing say z. I had another bearing years ago that ended in z. Just googled z, it means a steel bearing shield.

FredC

Village Idiot
can you measure it?

maybe that is an s

s6801z
12x21x5mm

edit: looks like Jason beat me to it

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
At that price they're sure to be Chinese....
Get the Japanese...I'm not kidding!

For the price of that stainless bearing I'm sure it is chinese.

I would drop in a Nachi 68012RS or a Nachi 6801ZZ before I would put in any chinese bearing.
I could not find a stainless Nachi bearing in that size and I buy a lot of motor bearings for my laundromat.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Put the ZZ bearing in.....it I'ts a sealed bearing..

The ZZ bearings are shielded not sealed.
The shields do not ride against the inner bearing race providing 100% torque transfer.
In sealed bearings the seal does ride against the inner bearing race reducing torque.

The gap in the shield in ZZ bearings will let slight contaminates in like dust and moisture along with slight lubrication loss where as sealed bearings not as much but lose some torque.

This is why the spinners probably use ZZ shielded bearings so no spinning torque is lost.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
ordered, received and installed. Perfect fit. Thanks. Im surprised some enterprising person hasn't come up with a repair kit. It has 3 orings, 2 bearings and a bearing race that could be replaced. Im not sure what to call the part in the middle so ill go with bearing race. Someone can correct me. I have bought at least 4 over the years. I think i pay around 275. The bearing are a little under 10 delivered. Its a pretty big savings. THe parts are solid stainless and will last forever. We have such a disposable society.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom