Beating a dead horse: Yet another dual blower thread

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
I know. I know. I know there are 100's of these threads and I should just SEARCH.

I know 2 blowers in series will provide more lift

I know 2 blowers independently connected to the waste tank will provide more air flow/cfm... does that mean 2 #47's (BENCHMARKED) at 523 CFM will provide
1046 CFM? Or only a slight % higher cfm like 25%?

I'm also talking giving them way over sized piping and free flowing 3.5in mufflers.

...I know those #'s are not real-world, and are on the table with no piping or restrictions benchmarks.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
uh huh...

why do you want to know though???

what are you trying to achive??

if its dual wand capabilities why not just hook up another waste tank to the 2nd blower???

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
floorguy said:
uh huh...

why do you want to know though???

what are you trying to achive??

if its dual wand capabilities why not just hook up another waste tank to the 2nd blower???

I want not only dual wand, but LONGER hose runs and "Vortex like" power. Because doesn't Vortex advertise 1000+ cfm?

P.S. Both blowers will be OD by 10% running off of a Chelsea pto

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
holly hell you live in Kentucky....

why do you need longer hose runs....most them buildings over there are not fmore the 5000 sqft anyway :wink: :lol:

seriously though...how long you need????

we had judsons unit hooked up to 450 or 500' of 2.5, and it felt like it was 150' andhis was a 45 in that unit i believe

TimP

The key to long hose runs is 2.5 hose.

The vortex machines don't run 1,000 cfm....they are 1,100 cfm blowers at 69% capacity.

And even then there is only so much air that can flow through a 2.5" hose. And only so long of hose runs that make sense to run....for single wand a 47 or 45 blower is plenty big....as long as it's not restricted.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
I'm just gonna do it, I have all the parts and the HP to run it all.

will let you all know if a few weeks how it works out.

2 blowers drawing from the same tank will double the cfm provided that they are each spinning at the same rpm. If you want power at the end of a long hose run you will need lift. I dual wand with a 4007 at 250ft runs and the wand will stick to the floor even with a glide. Commercial carpet dual wanded with our single 4007 dries in about 3 hours.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Harley don't you know you can't dual wand with a 47 blower? :mrgreen: :lol: (I know you do with 20+ hg)

P

Phoenix Phil

Ashley, post a few pix of your home built with the Merc. diesel. Love to see it.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree

Allot of people have been asking me to, Les Judson said I HAD to... so today I will post pics.

But it AIN'T pretty!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom