BED BUGS?

steamron

Name
Ron
If you felt that the motel or hotel you were bidding on had bed bugs would you clean it?
Maybe take them home with you to meet the family.

Let us know.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
If you felt that the motel or hotel you were bidding on had bed bugs would you clean it?

What do you mean "felt"??

No fooking way I'm risking bringing any of those things home and potentially exposing my family and myself.

I would address any concerns with management immediately before moving forward.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Your Truckmount may not be too terribly prone to being "infected" with the little hitchhikers, but nearly everything else is subject to stimulating cross-contamination. Especially your pre-vac vacuum cleaner. You may want to consider whether you want to perform your services before the pest control service, or preferably after.

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
I had to treat my house for bed bugs. I woke up a few nights with bites but couldn’t find any bugs, etc. Call the exterminator, comes out to say he thinks it’s just spider bites because he finds nothing and the bites don’t look like bed bugs. Puts down traps. Wake up a few days later with more bites - nothing in the traps. No problems - a few days pass. Finally, the SOB bites me hard enough it wakes me up. I see it on the pillow and carry it the bathtub and kill it. Bag it up, send the photo to the pest control guy to find out it’s a HUGE bedbug. He comes back out and treats my house (he said he thought we only needed to do the bedroom - but I suggested the entire house). He found only one small droplet of blood \ poop on the box spring where they hide. My bites were so bad I had to go to the doctor because I got Cellulitis. The exterminator said I probably got it from a movie theatre because I didn’t have an infestation and it was probably only that one bug - but we didn’t take any chances. They are a nightmare and I wouldn’t risk it until the rooms had been treated. You ought to see me when I check into a hotel - I TEAR THE BED UP! If one bug caused me that much grief, just think what a mess of them could do.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
First time I every saw someone get bit was poor Bill Yeadon at SFS. He had a bugged room and had bites all over him. Before that I thought people were making something out of nothing.

Amy did they come from your hotels stays?

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
I really don’t think so. The exterminator destroyed the bed and could find nothing - thinks it was just that one little critter doing the work. I would get bitten one night, and nothing else would happen for 2 or 3 more days, then he would come out and feed again. Because it wasn’t an infestation, they think I got it at a movie theatre. I had no idea they were a hot spot for bed bugs. Good thing, I now have an excuse to not go to the movies! I haven’t enjoyed paying for a nap in a long time.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
The big plastic bags that can be used when moving mattresses can be used to decontaminate your vacuum and solution hoses. After the job, put whatever was in the hotel room in those bags. Place in direct sun for 5 hours or longer. Cooks them when the inside temperature is above 120 F for an hour or so.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Personally, not wanting to disagree with a professional exterminator as I am merely a carpet cleaner, but I don't think the movies situation is correct.

Why not ??

Bed bugs ( Cimex lectularius, not to be confused with Big Yella Cimex ), live on the dead skin cells that we lose each night.

I can't remember the last time I saw nude people sleeping at the movies.

They also like the comfort, such as a warm, slightly moist environment which many bedrooms supply, but relatively few movies, these are mainly cool with air conditioning, maybe over there in the cold it's different and you have heated movies. ?

They are also well known travelers, lets not blame Bush for this, but the back-packer market.

C'mon, I gotta blame someone. :stir:

Many may be offended about what I am about to say, but I say this from research on bed bugs down under.

Unfortunately, some back-packers are not the most sanitary conscious people around, often foregoing showers etc; when they think that a swim is good enough. :pig:

They sleep in cheap accommodation, where bed bug infestation can be rife.

They also go on overnight dive trips where more affluent people also go.

Herein lies the problem.

The back-packer takes the bed bug with them to a dive boat where the little critters are overjoyed at their new home, for a while.

Enter the well-to-do couple, who naturally, cavort & sleep in the same bed, but at a different time to the back-packer.

Crikey, say's the bug, "This is nice 'n warm, think I'll grab another lift", so off they go to new digs again where they once more set up home.

This time it may be The Hilton, Motel 6, or anywhere in between, and the trips continue...........

True, they do get into nooks and crannies such as the piping around the mattress, under the mattress label, also behind pictures on walls and G.P.O's (power outlets), and especially in any cane furniture.

But I have never heard ( until this post ), about getting bed bugs at the movies.

I look forward to some interesting factual dialogue from the naysayers. :very_drunk:

Now, it's been a long night & it's 04:20, I'm off to my bug free sleeping accommodation to have nightmares dreaming about Bill Yeadon pedaling bed bugs. :eekk:

Ooroo,

:yoda:

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
who knows where I picked him up or if was even me… i still believe and will use the excuse so I never have to go to the movies again. I did read an article on it, so it must be true! ;-)

I know it wasn’t from a hotel, because I hadn’t stayed in one for 2 months prior.

Last edited:

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
This was an occupied carpet cleaning at one of the apartments I work for, I saw this and refused to clean and got the hell out of there.
Millions of bed bugs! That is blood running down the wall.
View attachment 5344
The video was taken by the pest control guy, that is their bed.I never saw the residents but was told they were crack heads covered in bites.
[video=youtube;UX20j85pOu4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX20j85pOu4[/video]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom