Bed pans and broom sticks...

Name
Jeff T
A few years ago, I picked up a contract for a care facility. Now, this is not any normal facility. This is the place they send people AFTER they get out of the loony bin, and get old.
My first experience walking in this morning, I was greeted by some elderly lady that kept saying ‘WHY?’.... I bet by the time I got to the office, she asked me ‘WHY?’, 30 times (she followed me from the door, to the office).
My second experience, was the OVERWHELMING smell of old urine....
As I was doing the walk through with the facility manager, I could hear an old man yelling profanities....(he’s was a janitor, and now has a VERY bad case of tourets....)
As I was setting up, I walked by a bathroom, and there was an elderly man taking a dump, and was obviously constipated, and he was grunting like a gorilla....
Of course there was the guy who was following me around, carrying a pink teddy bear...
As I started to prespray, I could hear Cosmo( the janitor guy) yelling his colourful language....
I started on the TV room, and was soon working my way down the hall.
As I entered the first ‘guest’ room, there was power cords, fans, etc on the side of the bed.... SO, I went to push the shyte out of my way, and I heard a metal clank. As I looked down, the top of my shoe was wet.... yup, I managed to spill a full bed pan of pee on my shoe... yuckers...
As I worked my way from room to room, there was a closed door.... I opened it, and out fell a broom stick, knocking me on the head....
I could continue this story, as I had a run in with Cosmo the janitor, and a few other strange oddities....
Keeps life interesting.....

Reactions: JohnHawkP

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'd have run out with one shoe on.

Seriously no concerns for trip, fall? Old people don't bounce well, they tend to break.

We usually do them after 8:30 once they are in bed. We also usually OP them, so they dry fast using very low moisture.

Reactions: Cleanworks
Name
Jeff T
I'd have run out with one shoe on.

Seriously no concerns for trip, fall? Old people don't bounce well, they tend to break.

We usually do them after 8:30 once they are in bed. We also usually OP them, so they dry fast using very low moisture.
The majority of the residents were on a day trip. While I was cleaning, the staff basically stood guard. There were only 5-6 residents in the facility while I was cleaning. It was a very interesting morning. I had Cosmo telling me to ‘fook off, and go shyte my pants’... he told me I need a super duper machine.... whatever that meant...

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
I sympathize for those people, I really do...but i was traumatized as a child in those place. No thanks.

Name
Jeff T
Sounds like an awesome day, Jeff. You made it through!
Actually Stephen, it was an awesome day. I did 3 jobs, and was home by 4 pm. I walked into an empty house, as my wife and children were at my moms. I had a shower, and as I was getting dressed, my wife called, and said my mom made roast beef and Yorkshire pudding. I went over there for dinner, and was back home by 7:30. Now I’m relaxing, and just watching TV.... the rest of my week is a different story....

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom