Beefin up a Bane

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Has anyone thought about trying or have tried to hook a 36 blower to the portable part of the bane clene unit - of course run by an 18 or 20hp motor? Would that work or would it be too much suction and the crap will go from the inlet straight out the exhaust.

Or run the engine and blower at a lower speed but high enough to give the best suction. Although I've been told to run the Kohler around 3300-3600 rpms for help cooling the engine by drawing in more air.

I see a used bane in great shape - I got a spare engine and blower with low hours .. I'm thinking the cylindrical tank would be nice and sturdy. Pop a pump out in it to pump to the ground or larger tank that comes with the bane set up.

Mike Draper

I promise you it wont be as simple as it looks making the alterations that you want. H0nestly, you can run that kohler engine at 3k rpm's and cool it fine while still have enough hp to run a 47 blower. Engine will last longer and so will blower.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
I have a spare engine and blower that sits on a 3ft deep by 18 in wide frame .. I was thinking just running the vac hose from the blower to the bane when TM cleaning then reconnect original hose for portable cleaning.

F

FB7777

The Bane blower is actually a wimpy 33

The vac hoses and pressure lines will need to be upgraded to handle the heat and pressure, as will the pump

Save the effort and buy a real truckmount

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Never owned or ran a Bane
("almost" bought one 20 some years ago)..Bill Bane certainly is a great marketer of his product ..."almost" got me to buy one

anyway, only looked at them years ago.
They appear to me to be a very well build/solid machine

whether or not it's worth the time and effort to make a "real" TM performance wise, I haven't a clue.
Brevic knows them well and pimp'd his years ago

Lee Stockwell knows them too, I think .
he and his son Justin are both mechanical as well.
maybe they'll see this thread

..L.T.A.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Saw it this morning. Trying to think of something to help.

At Bane conventions the guys would talk on the sidelines on this subject.

Very forbidden topic it turns out.

Lots of incremental improvements possible, and we did them.

Fred's is best, and we did that.

Name
Lee Stockwell
The stock sutorbilt 3M is run at 40% capacity. We tweaked that by finding a more efficient electric motor (1985). Was happy to share that info with them. They hated the thought, but did it too, when they claimed the idea.

Later tried even dual motors, various vac boosters and small gas motors. Even 8hp makes it scream next to stock.

J

JS41035

Any money spent trying to make a Bane more than it is is throwing good money down the drain. The market is full of older truckmounts. Sell the bane to someone who loves banes. It's like putting a nice paint job on a 10 year old Kia.

Name
Nate W.
Any money spent trying to make a Bane more than it is is throwing good money down the drain. The market is full of older truckmounts. Sell the bane to someone who loves banes. It's like putting a nice paint job on a 10 year old Kia.

So what your trying to say is "It's like putting lipstick on a pig?"

F

FB7777

image.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom