Been looking at Tcs truckmounts

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
[googlevid][/googlevid] I have been thinking about getting another tm by the end of the year. Im on a budget so some of the big names arent really an option unless I got it used. I have took notice to the tcs and accelerated tm's. They look like they are really easy to work on and I am definately a fan of kohler motors. I also like using propane or possibly another diesal heater. Does anyone own a tcs? Are they a good company? opinions?

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Just make sure you have enough business to keep it busy. You have done a good job of building your client base faster than your dept up till now. Truck mounts don’t appreciate in value sitting in your driveway.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I have a tcs Chief with a honda on it...... I am surprised you have not heard me talk about them before..... Mine is almost 2 years old. and about 1800 or so hours on it... I have never had any problems with it that were not minor. a broke QD. which isnt their fault.. and one time my overflow switch quit working. Because it was dirty.. and i fixed it with a quick clean of the tank... I dont think you can go wrong with them... The accelerated are similar but have a direct drive to the blower, which I do not like... This thing does not eat up belts. I just change them to be safe.. Free Install, free chemical shelf filled with chems. cant go wrong.. Call will Duke and tell him to give you a Joey Discount.. He will hook you up for real.... And the thing gets and stays hot as hell.. If I could I would marry my TCS thats how much I love it. My prochem legend sucks..

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
HPIM0498.jpg

heres a pic. sorry its dirty

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
dude where you hook up your vac hose???

and why is the solution line backwards :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

And I dont have to say that there BAWB......fookin 4cyl nissan motor baby.....that always gets a eyebrow raise 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
The solution line is live in the back. And the vac hooks up in the back right by the hose reel. The port on the front of the machine is where I fill the hf and bottles

Sent from my g2 using tapatalk. Whofat

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
fookin 4cyl nissan motor baby.....that always gets a eyebrow raise

ya i used to have fun sayin' 4cyl PERKINS DIESEL powered...
tell i found out that sayin' DIRECT DRIVE sounds way cooler..... :roll:

Connor

Name
Connor
bob vawter said:

Bob, what's the fuel consumption on a direct drive compared to that modest so-called "lawnmower" engine? Do you still have to give up your A/C to have one of your USED units?

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Bob what are u talkin bout? Courtesy hose? U mean to fill my freshwater tank

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
joeynbgky said:
Bob what are u talkin bout? Courtesy hose? U mean to fill my freshwater tank

No i talking about the short pieces of hoses that come from the machine to where yor reels are at ....makes it a LOT easier to hook up.....

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Connor said:
bob vawter said:

Bob, what's the fuel consumption on a direct drive compared to that modest so-called "lawnmower" engine? Do you still have to give up your A/C to have one of your USED units?

HOLY JEEBUS CHRIS...for a plumber you sure axe a lotta CC questions..... :lol:
my last truck that i built WAS a little special...it got .8 gal/working hour....i wouldn't expect anyone ELSE to get numbers like that...but i did.....NOW as to the A/C...
heres the bracket to put the A/C pump on........i hope this clears up this pressing matter

sgclutchmount.jpg

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
joeynbgky said:
The accelerated are similar but have a direct drive to the blower, which I do not like...

Joey,

Actually, we make systems with both types of drive methods.

Regardless of which we make, the blower turns at the same speed (as in the direct- coupled systems, like the Viper and Predator Unleashed), or 15% faster than (as in the belt- driven Dominator series systems) the engine RPM. We set maximum engine RPM's at 3,200 on our systems, unless the customer requests otherwise. So, on the belt- driven systems, blowers driven at 15% over engine RPM result in just a tad over 3,600 (3,680 RPM).

We don't under- drive blowers on any of our systems. And we use large, 7" pulleys to drive the blowers. Using large pulleys reduces the amount of belt tension necessary to maintain good traction. And reduced tension translates into reduced bearing and seal wear on engine and blower seals.

The internal water tank located on the system frame is positioned closely to the engine exhaust. As a result, the ambient heat transferred into the water at that point is "free heat". And that heat results in lower propane consumption / higher output temperature capability at a given heater BTU rating.

Dominators deliver 2,000 PSI, the heaters used handle 10,000 PSI and maintain in excess of 230 degrees at the wand through a #6 jet, at 600 PSI. They can maintain a constant temperature of 200 degrees through a tile "spinner" tool at 1,500 PSI. So they are very well- suited for demanding jobs like restaurants and tile and grout cleaning. And they are mounted on the system frame in order to keep system footprint as small as possible (yet at the same time, un-cluttered).

Dominator 3047's can run two wands simultaneously and maintain those heat levels.

And all of our recovery tanks are made of 3/16" aluminum.

Our systems typically require about 3/4 as much space as similar systems as well.

Vipers use Little Giant heaters (and the same engine exhaust/ water tank positioning configuration that Dominators do). So they're more of a direct- comparison to systems that use Little Giants. They feature 20 HP Kohler Command Pro engines, electronic ignition on the Little Giants, true usable capacity 70 gal. recovery tanks and get it all onto a very uncluttered footprint size of 21" Wide by 62" Long, which is about half the physical size of comparable systems.

Although they are direct- coupled, Vipers feature a couple of unique drive enhancements designed to make coupler replacement virtually unnecessary... but at the same time, easy to do.

1.) The Blower Leveling Plate allows the height and angle of the blower in relation to the engine to literally be "dialed in", via a large adjustment stud on each of it's 4 corners. Locking nuts secure it once it's positioned as desired.

2.) The Engine Slide Plate allows the engine to be de- coupled from the blower via sliding it forward on the system frame. Guides on the side of the frame maintain alignment both while the plate is secured and while it's being moved back and forth for coupler replacement. It also has 4 locking bolts to keep it secure while the system is in operation.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
OH GREAT!!!!!
jus what we need...
ANOTHER gall derned MACHINE BUILDER.....

YIPPEE :roll:

Burtz

hey bob

how does your truck munt only burn .8 gallons an hour

if your driving down the road at 50 miles per hour for one hour how much gas does your truck use. not .8 gallons total ?

cleann4kids

Jon,

Check out the Amtex web site

They have a 30 hp Kolher Inferno Stack with a 90 gal fresh water tank
for only $11995

I have the 20 hp Inferno now and its awsome!!!!!!!!!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Burtz said:
hey bob

how does your truck munt only burn .8 gallons an hour

if your driving down the road at 50 miles per hour for one hour how much gas does your truck use. not .8 gallons total ?
ODIN......number one..... the van motor is running only 800 RPM over idle...
and B..... i DID "pulley up" the blower somewhat
3.........i completly rebuilt and re jetted a holley 2 barrel marine carb......removing the power valve!
and D....i thought you'd have eLeCtRoCuTed yorsef by now........

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
O jealousy, Thou ugliest fiend of hell! thy deadly venom Preys on my vitals, turns the healthful hue Of my flesh check to haggard sallowness, And drinks my spirit up!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom