Being Busy again......

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
So as of yesterday I had jobs on Tues, Thur, and Sat, Thur and Sat being LOADED :shock: :shock: :shock:

So i thought cool every other day it works, the weekly total is above my "average"

So I get a call, "can you do it this week??" Sure tomorrow good??? ok

So this morning as I am getting ready to leave, a buddy calls, "Hey I got this little commercial front that needs done, can you do it today??" Where??? Oh ok, its on the way to/from the 1st one...sounds good.....

As I am packing up from this 2nd one, get a call from Cory (I take care of his spots at a charter school by me 5 mi, vs 70 for cory)

So all in all from a $$$ wise it wasnt the best, but I did accomplish 1 thing with 2 custys...

1st was from the guys biz I bought out 2 years ago....her husband has some rentals, and properties, had "that other cleaner" do it last time....she wasnt happy.....with me she was and said she would have her husband call me......+ some of her neighbors... shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

the 2nd one, was for a construction place that has properties as well, also I am sure other types of clean-up may come from it.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

so in the grand scheme it was a great day.....ohhhh plus they were by where i get my propane on their "sale" day

and the 3rd job was by where i was going to get gas for the truck anyway.....its like $.30 a gallon cheaper then anywhere else.....

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
This thread is a joke, Right?

Three jobs in one day and saving a couple of bucks on propane & gas, and it's time to party?

This should be one of the busiest weeks of the year.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
nope no joke.....

if you havent noticed Dave, i dont measure myself the same way you guys do....

I do A LOT more then just carpet,

And i keep myself steady through winter....

I dont work 5 or 6 days a week unless needed more like 2-4

I dont have a huge over head like most, and thus only require a reasonable amount per mth...in fact unlike your tales, i have yet to break the coveted 6 figure mark. in my whole time in biz....

I am a floor CLEANING BUSINESS....NOT a marketing/sales biz that does carpet cleaning...

so the fact that I had NOTHING work wise to do today, and then 3 moderate to small jobs trickled in and made my errand running less expensive....you bet i am giggly....cuz i find it amusing how busy i have been lately. And it is making me think about cranking it up some.....problem is...workers....not that i couldnt find some...but i am terrible at telling somebody what to do....and expecting them to do it how i want them to....

sooo in the end...yes i am a happy camper...though my wifes not sure about me being gone and leaving on a moments notice.....she likes me around most times...

ohh mike...its 2.03 for the special or 2.30 other days...(though they still give me the 2.03......BUT turns out the office lady quit after damn been 10 yrs at least...sooooo next time we will see if they give me the good price)

Bob Foster

busy the rest of the week and two large commercial jobs for Sat and Sunday and next week looks busy. Last week was slow. Go figure.

Mike Draper

tel them how much propane you buy, and then tell them if they give you that good price you will keep coming back.

Becker

Name
Becker
Mike Draper said:
tel them how much propane you buy, and then tell them if they give you that good price you will keep coming back.

Sounds like I use more propane on my grill.

Mike Draper

Just because he said he doesn't pull 100k doesn't mean he's not close. I know guys in my valley that put 1000hrs a year on their truck and they don't make what doug does.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom