Being first...

Name
Jeff T
How much is being the first 2 numbers worth?
If you had a chance to buy out another local guy for a song (13,500), no, his van tools, and cleaning method are Shyte, BUT, he’s been running locally for 15 years....
He does however, hold a few good commercial contracts....
I built a COMBINED company value from 60k a year, to almost 300...
Is this failing, fledgling business worth the extra headache?????
He tells me he does 35k a year...

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
How much is being the first 2 numbers worth?
If you had a chance to buy out another local guy for a song (13,500), no, his van tools, and cleaning method are Shyte, BUT, he’s been running locally for 15 years....
He does however, hold a few good commercial contracts....
I built a COMBINED company value from 60k a year, to almost 300...
Is this failing, fledgling business worth the extra headache?????
He tells me he does 35k a year...
Look at the books, go with him on a couple of jobs. Could be worth it.

Name
Jeff T
Like any ‘carpet cleaner’ in this business that thinks they are business men...
I’m simply buying a phone #, and getting a chance to show his ‘good customers’ what real cleaning is like....
I’m going to offer him 10, and 1K monthly payments @ that...
He would be foolish to say no....
Do I want his section 8 units?
Hell no...
Do I want to make another 35-65K a year?
Hell ya....

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
He holds a few good commercial accounts and is only grossing 35k a year? Doesn't square.
I have a semi retired guy coming from the same area to look at one of my truck mounts I am selling. He only works part-time and mainly on commercial. Probably doesn't make any more than $35-$40,000 but his accounts are probably solid. He's been doing this a long time. Probably does just enough to supplement his pension.

Reactions: Rob Grady
Name
Jeff T
I have a semi retired guy coming from the same area to look at one of my truck mounts I am selling. He only works part-time and mainly on commercial. Probably doesn't make any more than $35-$40,000 but his accounts are probably solid. He's been doing this a long time. Probably does just enough to supplement his pension.
Is his name Daryl by chance?
Is he coming down on Wednesday by chance??

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
I’m simply buying a phone #, and getting a chance to show his ‘good customers’ what real cleaning is like....
Hell no...
Hell ya....

What if you dropped that money on advertising? If nobody buys his job those customers will be up for grabs anyway.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
No, I’m not driving him.
He’s had very bad luck with Truckmounts....
I know he bought one several years ago from the LM, and on the way back home, the van caught fire, and it burned to a crisp....
He looking at my refurbished mastermatic with the propane heater. It's in good shape but I rarely use it. Wants to buy it separate from the little box truck. Easy machine to work on if it needs anything.

Name
Jeff T
He looking at my refurbished mastermatic with the propane heater. It's in good shape but I rarely use it. Wants to buy it separate from the little box truck. Easy machine to work on if it needs anything.
I think he needs a new van aswell.... The one he has now is in very poor shape...

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I think he needs a new van aswell.... The one he has now is in very poor shape...
That's what he said. Over 300,000 kilometers and he's tired of putting money in it. My little truck would be wrong for him as there is no heat in it and would be a major pain if it broke down. He just wants the unit, waste tank and heater. I will let go for $3500. Heater is the 1300 psi one, good for tiles.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
Hell no...
Hell ya....
Do have the capacity to add on the additional work?

What is his pricing structure compared to yours?

Are you sure that he is a poor cleaner? And if he is, will people even give you a chance since you are the "same company".

I would be surprised it you were able to flip 1/3 of his book to your company. Just because you have the name and phone number doesn't mean that people will use you. He may have developed a relationship with his customers and since he is no longer there, they may use that as an excuse to shop around.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Do have the capacity to add on the additional work?

What is his pricing structure compared to yours?

Are you sure that he is a poor cleaner? And if he is, will people even give you a chance since you are the "same company".

I would be surprised it you were able to flip 1/3 of his book to your company. Just because you have the name and phone number doesn't mean that people will use you. He may have developed a relationship with his customers and since he is no longer there, they may use that as an excuse to shop around.
Those are good points but I bought a little outfit in 1990 and found most people didn't even realize there was a change. Some people called me Ray, some asked where Maria was but most were just happy that I showed up and did the job. I still have many of those original customers as well as their kids now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom