below zero

steve r

hydroforce and wand go in first so fittings can thaw if they freeze.i keep them away from the doors on the way there. i take in the solution line for the same reason. once all else is set up run solution line to truck plug in and get moving.

my water is preheated so it comes out hot from the get go.
i did have to fill a ladys bath tub with hot water once to thaw my solution line though.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
Can someone please explain to me what the wind chill factor has to do with freezing solution lines? From my understanding, the wind chill factor is the way your skin feels with the temperature and wind speed factored together. It does not have any effect on freezing solution lines. 35 degrees outside with a wind speed of 25 mph will yield a wind chill factor below freezing but will not freeze the water.

We have cleaned in -20 degrees many times. My rule of thumb is solution line last and you have maybe 60 seconds at most from the time it hits the ground until you have to have teh trigger on the wand pressed.

G

You were trying,cause I didnt give it a second thought :wink:
And your still thinking about it right now.You cal basher,now I no why :lol:

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Kevin P said:
Ya, but your summers suck :lol:

I would rather Live with the most Brutal, Humid summer just so I wouldn't have to deal with the COLD.

Winter Drains the life out of me the second it hits.

It can get in the single digits here, and I refuse to work in those temps.. its not worth it.

BTW Where the eFF is my global warming :evil:

...Im going to stop using WVO so I can do my part to help it along :twisted:

Name
Bruce
Brian H said:
Can someone please explain to me what the wind chill factor has to do with freezing solution lines? From my understanding, the wind chill factor is the way your skin feels with the temperature and wind speed factored together. It does not have any effect on freezing solution lines. 35 degrees outside with a wind speed of 25 mph will yield a wind chill factor below freezing but will not freeze the water.

We have cleaned in -20 degrees many times. My rule of thumb is solution line last and you have maybe 60 seconds at most from the time it hits the ground until you have to have teh trigger on the wand pressed.
When the wind is blowing 25mph and you have van doors opened up it's going to get colder much faster in side that van then if you had a 1 mph wind.

That's how I view it anyway.

Name
Bruce
Jim Martin said:
[quote="Kevin P":3dpglqv6][quote="Jim Martin":3dpglqv6]anything below 60 and I am just not worth a shit.........we have been around mid 70's for the last few week...

this week we have a few 62 days....couple more degrees and I will have to reschedule.....

Ya, but your summers suck :lol:[/quote:3dpglqv6]

true but one can function in hell heat for a few months and then have the 95% of the rest of the year some of the best weather to work in....I have yet to turn my heater in the house on....I don't want to walk outside in the winter and here my nuts clacking together like that toy that has to ceramic balls at the ends of a string...[/quote:3dpglqv6] If only my nuts would clack together when it get's cold, it get so cold that my nuts pull up inside and pull my sack with them just to keep warm.

There's a visual for you Marty :-)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom