ben surdi GOT RESIDUE PROBLEMS WITH O2?

Bjorn

kdk_0272kdk_0272JPGkdk_0272kdk_0-2.jpg

ben surdi call Les

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Yep, just tested everything out to make complete sure, and my carpets were left feeling a little bit sticky and not soft. I follow all directions to the T on the back of the jug.

you sure that your flow meter is working properly? maybe its pushing too much chemical out thus leaving a residue. Try turning down your flow meter a little maybe...

Name
I'm Rick James
bensurdi said:
Yep, just tested everything out to make complete sure, and my carpets were left feeling a little bit sticky and not soft. I follow all directions to the T on the back of the jug.

Anyone else have this problem?

Bob Foster

I'd say I've been using it as long as anyone around here and the only problem I have with it is when I use something else instead I'm not happy.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Bensuride what are you using for directions... I know for a fact you said over on *** that you were not using a rinse and only soft water. You really need to use the rinse with this product.

Hydroforce 15 oz to the contain and meter 9 to 1. Rinse should be 15 oz to a stock solution metered at 3-4 gpm.

CleanEvo

I had the same problem when I tried a sample of 02... I was back in the customers house a couple of days later and the carpet did not feel nice to the touch.

G

now why would you go over there and bitch about it when les is right here or maybe a phone call would have solved your problem

Able 1

Name
Keith
I would look at the diaphram on your chem. injection pump probably has a hole or slice in it... or did you check that?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
DOn't know what he's doing, but I've rinsed the O2 with plain water, I set my meter and when I come out it had dropped to zip draw, great way to save on rinse! I have no complaints, the carpet is still VERY soft, even if I used the Hot sauce.
I am rinsing well with 15 flow on a greenhorn.
How fast is he moving his wand?? A lot of guys running 10flow move that wand faster than its able to do its job.

-JB-

Name
JB
i reserve the right to re-visit this topic when I have more time.

JB

TimP

I've never had a problem. I've even sprayed O2 down on carpet and couldn't finish a job due to a broken belt. And came back 3 days later and you couldn't tell the carpet had detergent on it at all. And that was w/o rinsing at all. And I put down my juice heavy as anyone.

All I can say is BS to this thread. Always someone trying to put down someone they don't like with BS claims.

Name
Ron lippold
I have to call this bs a well. i have been using nothing but the juice for well over two years now, lots of repeat business and this is good stuff. no residue at all and the second time they even clean easier, probally because i use protectant but i still like to think its the 02 i wont be using anything else, i use it on everything, i dont use alot of booster cause its not needed most of the time.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I don't currently use O2 but did use a significant amount and never had residue problems. This leads me to believe OPERATOR ERROR

bensurdi said:

Ben,
I would say if you’re having an issue with residue with the O2 System that the source of the problem is probably be your rinse ratio. The instructions on the rinse suggest 16 to 32 ounces to 5 gallons of water for your chemical injection system. When using the extraction at 32 ounces to 5 gallons, the flow meter is supposed to be set between 1 and 2 gallons per hour. The reason I made the O2 extraction so powerful was to make the refilling of the extraction jug last longer, somewhere between 3 and 5 hours. A lot of flow meters have a hard time metering at such a low ratio. If this is an issue you are experiencing then I suggest 16 ounces to 5 gallons and increasing the flow meter between 3 and 4.

I would like to say that the O2 System does not leave a residue. That is one of the main issues I addressed with the system before I released it. Usually if somebody has a residue issue it is wicking of existing carpet cleaner’s chemicals that were used prior to your cleaning.

If you are interested in using the O2 system, you can give me a call. I’ve not been to *** to see the thread that is claiming that the O2 System leaves residue. I’ve just been told about it. I know that Robert Allen is upset with me for dropping my banner ad over there. I will post the reason that I did so. I just felt that it was too much conflict of interest after his extremely unprofessional post about Mikey’s Board and members of Mikey’s Board. Since I am a moderator of the repair and performance enhancing room here on Mikey’s Board. I am also a personal friend of Mikey.

To make a statement that the Judson O2 System leaves residue in a carpet isn’t going to pan out, because the cat is already out of the bag. If all the Judson O2 customers just cleaned one carpet per day, the amount of carpets cleaned to date with the O2 system would be between 750,000 to over 1 Million carpets. With that many carpets cleaned to date, if the O2 System was leaving residue, I would have already been out of business without anyone having to make negative posts about it. Anyway, Ben, if you are interested in using my products I will be glad to work with you any way I can. Now I’m going to post the statement made by Robert Allen about MB and their members that resulted in me pulling my banner ad from ***. There is always two sides to every story.

Leslie Judson Jones said:
This week we are devoting the pic of the day and video of the month to Mickey the Hack. Sadly carpet cleaning is riddled with Mickey. Yes Mickey is a pathological liar with an enormous head to house an enormous ego. He leads everyone to believe he is the greatest carpet cleaner when in reality he is actually a loser hack with poor self esteem. He probably became one by working for a franchise who promoted bait and switch. He probably even performed well and decided he could strike out on his own and gouge the public himself. Now news stations and the public is very wary of carpet cleaners who advertise low prices and then go in and rape the public. Not a day goes by that one of us doesn't see an ad for 5-12 dollars a room for carpet cleaning. ® was created to slow down or eliminate these types.

Now here is a scary thought, suppose one of these unscrupulous characters we're to rise up in our industry and lie about and slander everyone in his path that disagrees with him. Then maybe he could accumulate sheep like followers incapable of their own thoughts. Then he might try and dictate to the industry what he feels is right and what is wrong. What a scary thought, a big headed, egotistical pathological liar who would stoop to any level to discredit and slander. Well that could be a real possibility, but ® will be here to slow down and eventually stand up against the arrogant monster.

So while the video is a light hearted look at Mickey, it also gets the message across that our industry is inundated with these bottom feeders. We already have them at the bottom, so we don't need them at the top. Therefore ® was born and I am very passionate about it. I aided in starting and financing ® to raise the bar for cleaners to become "Premium Cleaners" by sharing information and to give the average cleaner a voice in our industry. An industry that is trying to tell us what we can clean, when we can clean, what machine we must use to clean and what products we must use. Believe it??

The hand writing is on the wall. Even organizations outside of our industry see us us ripe for raiding. One has already said the Rug Dr is a Gold standard while some of our truck mounts don't even make the cut. Yes they say we are inferior to the Rug Dr.! Money talks does it not! So imho opinion we have already been "Slipped the Mickey". No wonder more Mickeys have been and are rising to the the surface of our industry. Some accuse ® of having an agenda, and yes we do, our agenda is to to root out the Mickeys and expose them for what they are, crooks who are not content with raping the public, now they are going straight for us.
So you might be thinking what can I do to stop the Mickeys from taking over the carpet cleaning industry? After all I am just one voice. Well no longer do you have to worry because with ® you are one of the over 5000 small voices that can make a huge shout in the industry to prevent all of us from being "Slipped the Mickey"!!!

At first I had no idea what John Olsen was talking about until a few minutes ago. And I was sent this Rob Allen post about Mike. I have known Mike now for three years and consider him one of my best friends and one of the few of which I would drive across the United States to go to his funeral.

I find Robs remarks about Mike extremely insulting to me. But if that wasn’t bad enough Rob is insulting anybody that is a member of Mikey’s Board. From reading Rob’s post you would think we were a bunch of maggots squirming in a dead dog’s carcass. As a global moderator of Mikey’s Board it has been my privilege to run the Repair and Performance Room. I find all these comments no matter what board they are posted on to be 100% unacceptable for this industry.

I don’t know if you know much about the Judson family but if you ever would like to know there is a lot of heritage that goes back to the very beginning of the industry with my dad. I don’t expect people to worship my dad but I do hope people will respect his patents.

Seeing as I am now considered to be a crook and a bottom feeder who rapes the public I don’t think *** will be wanting to display my banner advertisements anymore.

CleanEvolve said:
I had the same problem when I tried a sample of 02... I was back in the customers house a couple of days later and the carpet did not feel nice to the touch.

Aris,

I appreciate you trying the O2 System and I’m sorry you had a residue problem with this one customer. How did the system work out for you on the other carpets you tried the O2 System on?

THANKS

LES

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I too am an ardent user of Judson's O2 system. It is the BEST cleaning system of chemicals that I have ever used in our quarter century of cleaning carpets, to include the Judson Hot Sauce Modifier.

Those of you experiencing left over reside, and stiff fibers, after using the O2 system, are probably dealing with existing residues in the carpet that you cleaned, as Les pointed out.

I have checked the dry hand of carpet we've cleaned using the O2 system when I first started using the O2 system of chemicals, and the carpet fibers were always soft.

The mixing of the chemicals, the metering, and the existing carpet condition of soiled carpets you are cleaning, all contribute the the end result of your cleaning job, and the hand of the carpet when dry.

CleanEvo

Leslie Judson Jones said:
CleanEvolve said:

Aris,

I appreciate you trying the O2 System and I’m sorry you had a residue problem with this one customer. How did the system work out for you on the other carpets you tried the O2 System on?

THANKS

LES

I only had a sample, so I only did a few jobs with it. I was happy with the way it cleaned, but the only job I went back to definatley had a residue issue, everyone tells me it's operator error when I mention it, so i guess it's just me. I'm pretty anal about following the directions on the bottle when trying something for the first time, so I'm not sure how I could have messed up.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Les, I've had no issues with residue and there are times I've not had any rinse getting through because the metering system slowly closed while I was cleaning. So I was rinsing with just water.
Besides that, I put "16" oz of O2rinse in 5 gals and meter that at 1-1 1/2gal/hr and it leaves the carpet VERY soft. And on one of these jobs I had used a strong mix of O2 + Hotsauce and it still was left really soft with only a water rinse (meter closed on me again)

-JB-

Name
JB
Angrymob.jpg

Not to go against the Mob mentality here but, yeah sorry y'all, I had a HUGE issue w/wick backs like I had NEVER in 20 years seen before, using 02, 12 in three weeks, I CANNOT afford those kinds of problems, plain and simple.

And Ron,
I have to call this bs a well. i have been using nothing but the juice for well over two years now, lots of repeat business and this is good stuff. no residue at all and the second time they even clean easier, probally because i use protectant but i still like to think its the 02 i wont be using anything else, i use it on everything, i dont use alot of booster cause its not needed most of the time.
you told me yourself about a month ago that you new someone who was having a residue issue w/02 as well, was that ben surdi :?:

So here's the scenario (before y'all beat me up) ...

Bought the "sample pack" late last year, told Les how I clean, using the SD, so nothing but a clear water rinse, thus he/we decided to use the 02 AS the pre-treatment, first gallon worked awesome,http://www.mikeysboard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24247&p=270013&hilit=juice#p270013 no doubt. second seemed fine too, so I ordered a couple more some wick backs here and there, nothing alarming, maybe two over a six month period, whatever. Then i started ordering it in case quantity, seemed fine at first but then as we got nearer the end of the case, the fit hit the shan! I dunno WTF is going on NEVER EVER had I had that many call backs, ever.

My first thought was "No, it can't be my beloved JJ?" So I instantly ASSumed it was the fact that I had recently (May) switched over to including Mike Vernon's Hard-Ball solvent fabric protector on two of our three packages we offer, I called MV he was understandably baffled, as was I, as I have seen how well his stuff repels liquids, and have seen how much longer my own carpets have stayed clean, sorry Mike, you have my apologies.

So I next surmised the ONLY other thing it could be, the Judson Juice, the method stayed the same, the process stayed the same , the JJ, and the HB protector were the ONLY thing I changed in years, I assumed it was the HB FP, as it was the more recent change and the JJ was like 6 mo earlier, after speaking w/MV, I KNEW it had to be the JJ, and no, I never told MV about the JJ change, as it was not a "new change" IMO, after six month use, and the wick-backs just started recently.

SO, after dealing w/a nightmare of call backs for about three weeks, I did what any logical person would do, switched back to what I had already been using that was working for years, Masterblend's Soap-Free, and for the nasties, CTI's extreme clean w/a energy boost and of pinch of Oxidizer.

Did I call Judon Labs, or Les, to tell them of the problem's?

Nope I had enough to deal w/a dozen call backs, and It's not my job to be on the Judon Lab's R&D team, simply put.

But as long as T brought it up, 2 questions.

1.) How is it that 02 is the only liquid concentrate out there that has managed to figure out a way to stabilize the oxidizers in it? (if I am correct in ASSuming that)

2.)Is it a possibility that as my theory holds, that 02 will become unstable (if that's even the right way of saying it, which I'm 99% sure it's not), based on shelf life, or longevity of it's shelf life?

Okay now guys just give me a five minute head start before you light the torches!
AngryMobSimpsons.jpg

Greenie

JB is a seasoned cleaner, I can only guess there was an extraction issue. Maybe Demon filter was dirty...had to be extraction related.

What was the dry time?

O2 is a Delimonene pre-spray, it does rinse faster and better with the O2 rinse.
I sell it as a system to avoid "variables", cause i hate trouble shooting.

-JB-

Name
JB
Nope, no extraction issues, dry to the point if you knelt on it when I left, you knee would still be dry when you stood up, I call that dry to the touch, accomplished w/my mini-webber/airpath knock-off's, and post bonnet.

The machine was working fine, gets thoroughly dis-assembled and cleaned nightly, the call-backs ended as soon as I stopped using the JJ.

Walt

Something Les might want to check out (and he may have already done so) is how O2 works in conjunction with very soft water. Our local regional water is some of the softest in the nation (I'm guessing Ben's is too) and a couple of years ago when I added a soft water unit, it created foam issues with BOK products. I haven't tried it with O2 but there might be a similar affect.

This might be a regional issue. My recommendation to users in the North West would be to reduce the amount of O2 by half. Save some money and still get the benefits of O2. Or if you can't get that to work to convert to detergent free cleaner.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
JB, what kinda of wickbacks? I've only had one wick back issue with the o2 system to date and it was a lady who was putting powdered carpet deoderizer directly on wet urine spots and it was impacted at the bottom until I flushed out the urine and the powder came to the top as it dried.

What do you do if you have a heavy spill area that was never treated by your customer or a known wickback spot from previous cleaners at a customers house?

If there are heavy soils/residues that go beyond the carpet, into padding and subfloor, even the stemon demon isn't going to flush those out. What kinda of questions are you asking so you can identify these problems? Any time we have a heavy residue, we water claw it with a non residuel spotter and and plenty of water before we clean anything else.

What kinda of procedures do you do for those sub surface spills?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Walt said:
Something Les might want to check out (and he may have already done so) is how O2 works in conjunction with very soft water. Our local regional water is some of the softest in the nation (I'm guessing Ben's is too) and a couple of years ago when I added a soft water unit, it created foam issues with BOK products. I haven't tried it with O2 but there might be a similar affect.

This might be a regional issue. My recommendation to users in the North West would be to reduce the amount of O2 by half. Save some money and still get the benefits of O2. Or if you can't get that to work to convert to detergent free cleaner.

:wink:

-JB-

Name
JB
JB, what kinda of wickbacks?

general overall "dulling" or "uglying out"

What do you do if you have a heavy spill area that was never treated by your customer or a known wickback spot from previous cleaners at a customers house?

Generally speaking running the SD it has never been an issue before, just flush until it runs clear.

If there are heavy soils/residues that go beyond the carpet, into padding and subfloor, even the stemon demon isn't going to flush those out. What kinda of questions are you asking so you can identify these problems? Any time we have a heavy residue, we water claw it with a non residuel spotter and and plenty of water before we clean anything else.

What kinda of procedures do you do for those sub surface spills?

I don't know what else to say, I have NEVER had that type of issue before, and it stopped as soon as I stopped using it, make of it what you will.

Walt wrote:

That makes good sense, but in this case in particular,, the issues didn't occur until near the end of what I believe was my second case of JJ.

Back
Top Bottom