Ben Surdi wins

Name
Nate W.
Ron Werner said:
didn't see it. just get the internet version now.
what was it about?

Cleaning a students carpet. You know the Photo of the month contest. He wins $500 in chemicals package.

Name
Nate W.
Ron Werner said:
If it was a 'student's" carpet, good thing he won. He probably didn't get paid much for the job!

With "bong water" spills, he wasn't certain the stains would come out.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Nate The Great said:
[quote="Ron Werner":1q24xnup]If it was a 'student's" carpet, good thing he won. He probably didn't get paid much for the job!

With "bong water" spills, he wasn't certain the stains would come out.[/quote:1q24xnup]
Never encountered those? O2 or a H2O2 should have gotten it out

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Man I tell you what, bong water is some tough stains to get out!!! Much more difficult than anything we've seen in a house.

A great picture to add to the before/after archives for us and pretty cool to land the monthly award!

Name
I'm Rick James
Hey ben was the carpet pretty dry when you left? With what you mentioned it sounds like the backing and pad got soaked? Other than that it looks great...

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
We always leave carpets dry to the touch. When I say it was difficult i don't mean that we beat the carpet up and soaked it down- it just means that we had to really focus on our chemistry and be very patient in the process.

We did use the Rotovac 360 with commercial brush attachment for initial cleaning. We follow up with the dry extraction passes with the wand just to make sure that the carpets aren't wet- then place turbo dryers, turn heat on and crack windows while we work on other areas of the home.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
We have seen this MANY TIMES....!!!

The most effective method of "Bong Water".....rEmOvAl.....IS..... :arrow:

Crush up 2 bags of "DORITO'S"....

Aggitate with a Grandi-Groomer...

Plenty of "Dwell TIME"...

Re-AgGiTaTe with HOST machine...

Then vac... :wink:

Ps. If you still can see some remaining RESidue...Post pad with several "HOSTESS TWINKIES"

Name
I'm Rick James
bensurdi said:
We always leave carpets dry to the touch. When I say it was difficult i don't mean that we beat the carpet up and soaked it down- it just means that we had to really focus on our chemistry and be very patient in the process.

We did use the Rotovac 360 with commercial brush attachment for initial cleaning. We follow up with the dry extraction passes with the wand just to make sure that the carpets aren't wet- then place turbo dryers, turn heat on and crack windows while we work on other areas of the home.

Drying is very important to me that why I asked. I have dont alot of testing for drying carpets and its very easy to soak the backing and pad if not careful expecially if you are concentrating in certain areas. For me I never clean at that high of a PSI, I know some do, but it just soaks it to much along with the prespray. Even though the fibers may feel somewhat dry the backing and pad could be wet and wicking could happen. No joke intended, but you should invest in some airpaths instead of the regular fan. The down draft helps dry the carpet. Did you use HP?

Looks good Ben, you wanna post some pics of your shop with the rug pit, it looks good.

Name
Nate W.
brent said:
bensurdi said:

Drying is very important to me that why I asked. I have dont alot of testing for drying carpets and its very easy to soak the backing and pad if not careful expecially if you are concentrating in certain areas. For me I never clean at that high of a PSI, I know some do, but it just soaks it to much along with the prespray. Even though the fibers may feel somewhat dry the backing and pad could be wet and wicking could happen. No joke intended, but you should invest in some airpaths instead of the regular fan. The down draft helps dry the carpet. Did you use HP?

Looks good Ben, you wanna post some pics of your shop with the rug pit, it looks good.

:shock: :shock:

Name
jack zerkie
The products he won are great Iv,e used them for years. Lived in Cleve. many years ago, and purchased his products All of the chems. work very well ,most are powders and the PH is just right. It,s a great win for Ben jack z.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom