Berber problems

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
What would cause this and how should I try to fix it.

Took too long to dry. Acid rinse is fine.

If you don't wanna spent 30 minutes setting up the truck.

Trigger sprayer and some peroxide, it should be gone in a minute(if browning).

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Sorry for late response. Rarely log on here anymore. Still own the waterproofing company. Busy working on the waterproofing division these days.

Regarding Berber:

We encappesd it. Then did an acid rinse afterwards. I primarily created this as a market disrupter... on rare occasions olefin would get chemical burns from high alkalinity. (Usually due to customer who tried to clean themselves. I began marketing we would only dryclean in order to prevent damaging the carpet. My competitors didn’t know how to respond and I used it to steal major market share....
When we started this process Encapsulation was still in its infancy and most cleaners didn’t even know what it was... lol. This allowed to Double our tickets (essentially charging what most cleaners were charging ). If I recall correctly: It increased my average walking ticket around $40 per job.... Worked very well for many years.....

In an industry where finding a qualifying differentiator was damn near impossible , I used every marketing trick I could come up with over the 21 years I was in the business! That said: I don’t miss carpet cleaning for a second.....
Did you marry that young dark haired beauty you had with you in Atlanta? :winky:

Name
Lee Stockwell
Sorry for late response. Rarely log on here anymore. Still own the waterproofing company. Busy working on the waterproofing division these days.

Regarding Berber:

We encappesd it. Then did an acid rinse afterwards. I primarily created this as a market disrupter... on rare occasions olefin would get chemical burns from high alkalinity. (Usually due to customer who tried to clean themselves. I began marketing we would only dryclean in order to prevent damaging the carpet. My competitors didn’t know how to respond and I used it to steal major market share....
When we started this process Encapsulation was still in its infancy and most cleaners didn’t even know what it was... lol. This allowed to Double our tickets (essentially charging what most cleaners were charging ). If I recall correctly: It increased my average walking ticket around $40 per job.... Worked very well for many years.....

In an industry where finding a qualifying differentiator was damn near impossible , I used every marketing trick I could come up with over the 21 years I was in the business! That said: I don’t miss carpet cleaning for a second.....
So much baloney...

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

Regarding Berber:

In other words, ripping people off on what should be a simple job.

F

FB7777

Please explain your "chemical burning...alkalinity" theory as related to polypropylene fiber?
Go get’m Professor Stockwell

I still say lousy cleaners can’t clean Berber

So opportunists found a way to overcharge and baffle with bullshit

I do believe Cole doesn’t miss carpet cleaning for a second though. That part is definitely true

I think it sucks too

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
pretty much doesn't matter how much you prespray as long as you rinse it properly (general rule lower pH are easier to rinse)

doesn't matter the pH you use as long as you bring it back down (same general rule as above)

doesnt matter how wet you get it but it matters how dry you get it

I'll push a trashed wool berber past recommended pH if I have to, but ya better rinse and rinse and dry stroke dry stroke

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Please explain your "chemical burning...alkalinity" theory as related to polypropylene fiber?

Our observations were it primarily occurred in Olefin. I’m not familiar with what we termed “Chemical Yellowing” in polypropylene. Nor have I heard of “cellulose browning” occurring as someone else suggested as I’m not familiar with glucose being present in olefin or poly... of course I’m not scientist..
To be clear: most of you here are better physics carpet cleaners that I personally ever was..
My strategy increased profit and bullet proofed the process against the 30-40% of our contractors who were newbies (less than a year in the industry)

We cleaned on average 200 homes a day 6 days a week in 4 markets. The business practicies we employeed back then were to prevent problems and generate high profit margins and a repeat customer base...
Sometimes those two contradicted each other...

The days of discount carpet cleaning are long gone. If you waste even a second thinking about companies trying to perform it, you are doing that : wasting your time...

Reactions: Mikey P

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Go get’m Professor Stockwell

I still say lousy cleaners can’t clean Berber

So opportunists found a way to overcharge and baffle with bullshit

I do believe Cole doesn’t miss carpet cleaning for a second though. That part is definitely true

I think it sucks too

I still dabble here and there. I own 15% shares in a half dozens small carpet cleaning companies throughout the US.
And no I’m not sharing which ones...
And NONE of them are discount based.
I manage the marketing for a percentage of the spend and 15_% of the net profits over the previous years profits...
Been doing that for a couple of years now. Kinda fun....

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Wasn’t so simple for the guy that started this post now was it ?
Probably rushed through the job. Berber or other rough textured carpet or carpet with different pile heights need a lot more attention paid to your dry passes. Most carpet cleaners can feel the difference and will know that they are not getting a good seal on the carpet and will slow down and let the wand work. I've never browned out a Berber and find it is one of the easiest carpets to clean. There is no glucose in carpets. It's cellulose. It's a plant sugar found in some backing, fibres and glues. It can be broken down by over wetting or high ph cleaning agents.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Doing some Berber today. $150 for a studio apartment. Opps, should have added another buck because it's Berber.

IMG_20180723_112328.jpg

Reactions: Nomad74

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom