Best 10 Ply Snow/Ice tires?

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Looking at Toyo Open Country, Nokian does not seem to offer much at my size 245/75/16. Any others I should look at?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Myself and Brother have a set of tires that really rock! Wrangler Silent Armor Pro-Grade. They are unbelievable! Have been in amazing snow and ice and can keep going even when the snow is up to the axles. They are a Kevelar reinforced tire with silent tread technology.

Best tire I have ever had. Makes the van feel like it has 4 wheel drive. Gonna put a set on the second van yet this year. Had a hill I couldn't get up with the second van and newer snow tires. Went home and got the newer van with the Wranglers and pulled right up the ice hill. Great tire!

Mark Saiger

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Thanks, those Wranglers look good, especially since they are a still all-season tires, right? What about stopping distance on ice, that's my biggest concern?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
The Wranglers are amazing at stops and starts. I have one ton vans with Butler units fully loaded down and they are great. I use them all season long. I am going to order another set here in a week or so and take the Wranglers off my primary van and put them on the back up van. Gonna put another set of these Wranglers on my primary van again. I have had some Goodyear wranglers in the past that could get stuck on wet grass so It took some convincing by our friend who sells tires to put these on. Best move we have ever made.

Mark

Chris A

Name
Chris
Larry B said:
http://www.performanceproducts4trucks.com/productpage.aspx?pid=111653

10 ply

[attachment=0:1bs3noza]tire.jpg[/attachment:1bs3noza]

You can't be serious... Mudders?

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
c_adkins said:
[quote="Larry B":kk82h32e]http://www.performanceproducts4trucks.com/productpage.aspx?pid=111653

10 ply

[attachment=0:kk82h32e]tire.jpg[/attachment:kk82h32e]

You can't be serious... Mudders?[/quote:kk82h32e]

Look at the page one set of 10ply is listed as snow not mud :lol:

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Mark,

so those Wrangler Silent Armor Pro-Grade's are all-season tires?

i thought the bene of snow tires was softer rubber (which is why they cant be used in the warmer months)?

if they are all-season tires, have you ever put snow tires on for the winter months? i am wondering that maybe true snow's are better in the snow and ice than the Wrangler Silent Armor Pro-Grade.

also, when i google "Wrangler Silent Armor Pro-Grade", they are all listed as being from Goodyear. is there another Wrangler tire that ain't from Goodyear? if so, a link please?

thanx --- Derek.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Derek, they are Goodyear Wranglers. I have read allot about them since this thread and they seem to perform very well in snow and ice even though they are all-seasons. I am going to try them.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i'm hoping someone who has tried both these Wrangler's AND actual snow tires will chime in and let me know if they are as good, or better than, real snows.

cause if they are then i'll def invest in them. i drop $100 a year just to switch out from all-seasons to my snows, and then back again. the extra change for those Wrangler's would pay for themselves...if they are REALLY all that.

thanx --- Derek.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I have snow tires on one of my vans, and the wranglers on the other. I could not get up a small hill with the snow tire van and could walk right up with the wranglers van. They are also great in the summer if you get in mud on back country jobs. I am buying another set of wranglers this month so both vans have them. I have ran them all summer as well. I will not go to snow tires again at this point.

Mark

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
wow, very cool Mark. now how long, or how many miles, does a set of 4 last you?

thanx --- Derek.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Hi Derek,

Not sure how many miles they will go. I have had them approximately 1 year now and about 18,000 plus miles on them. They have a lot of tread left and are looking very good.

Mark

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom