BEST Alkaline RINSE? Looking for some opinions

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
If you're focused on your rinse for cleaning power you are barking up the wrong tree.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Dry Slurry.

That product came out 40 years ago, and with some slight formulation changes, remains our best seller.

Tom Forsythe

At a 1 to 640 dilution it is hard to really see any cleaning differences, especially when all of the major products are close to 75% STPP. Trust me I have tried with a small upholstery machine. If you do not see cleaning differences in this situation then you will never see it with a truckmount. Other factors like ease of dissolving, fragrance, foam levels, pH, price, years of availability, residues, etc. can show differences. The blog lists even more features to look at in terms of comparison. https://blog.aramsco.com/chemical-testing

Reactions: Cleanworks

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Prochem dry slurry and heatwave are 2 of the best out there. Heatwave when you really need some added punch. Both are fairly low foaming but can produce excessive foam when combined with a prespray. Watch your dilution ratios carefully, especially if you use soft water. Sometimes, less is more. I have been using Procyon Plus powder for quite a few years now, both in portables, (where you need all the help you can get) and truck mounts. It is zero foaming, non toxic, environmentally friendly, dries to a fine powder and actually works.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Dry slurry killed it today. I had to clean at a honeybee business and I didn't want to spray anything with the hydro force that might accidentally overspray near one of the bee hives on the shelves so I just used the dry slurry only at 2gpm. Customer was happy and the carpet cleaned up great

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Dry slurry killed it today. I had to clean at a honeybee business and I didn't want to spray anything with the hydro force that might accidentally overspray near one of the bee hives on the shelves so I just used the dry slurry only at 2gpm. Customer was happy and the carpet cleaned up great
I hope that was 2 gph, not 2 GPM.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
At a 1 to 640 dilution it is hard to really see any cleaning differences, especially when all of the major products are close to 75% STPP. Trust me I have tried with a small upholstery machine. If you do not see cleaning differences in this situation then you will never see it with a truckmount. Other factors like ease of dissolving, fragrance, foam levels, pH, price, years of availability, residues, etc. can show differences. The blog lists even more features to look at in terms of comparison. https://blog.aramsco.com/chemical-testing
Hey Tom thanks for replying to me out of the two dry slurry or heat wave what would suit me better

I would be using a zipper with an Everest and 870

Tom Forsythe

My point was that not every product category has clear cleaning performance winners especially at 1 to 640 dilution of powdered rinses (100% solids). You can see performance differences between soft water rinses and soft water alone. A lot of cleaners will not admit to this but they are probably using hard water which uses phosphate as a water softener not available for cleaning.

However, pre-sprays (1 to 4 up to 1 to 32), spotters (RTU), protectors (RTU,1 to2, 1 to 4), deodorizers (1 to 2, 1 to 4) etc. there are clear performance differences if you care to test. I have done some lab tests that are quantifiable with differences up to 10 X. This is rare, as most products in the industry are close to other in terms of cleaning performance which is less obvious as the quality of the extraction equipment increases.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom