Best "Big 3" wrench friendly TM's

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Carrying on from @SamIam thread about "dudes who cant fix it" What midsize slide in from the mainstream would you choose? And why?

Based on you were several hrs or more from a distributor, and had to work on it yourself?

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
I would definitely want something easy to repair. Good question for someone in middle of nowhere, in population 10... Thank god my immediate population is almost 100k..

Reactions: Askal

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I love how easy the Titan575 is so user friendly to someone with a wrench. Normal preventative maintenance makes a good day for the guy doing the work (belt change, oil changes, etc.) There's no need to loosen all these bolts on the blower to slide it back and forth when the belts need changed. There's no orifices to clean out every month, and if you have problems with the water staying hot, it's usually the thermal relief valve going bad which is a quick, simple fix.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Carrying on from @SamIam thread about "dudes who cant fix it" What midsize slide in from the mainstream would you choose? And why?

Based on you were several hrs or more from a distributor, and had to work on it yourself?

you're a sharp dude, Dan
Pull the covers off the units you're considering and take a look under the blankets.
See which looks easier to you to service , repair and replace belts, hoses, components, etc

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Hack Attack

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
you're a sharp dude, Dan
Pull the covers off the units you're considering and take a look under the blankets.
See which looks easier to you to service , repair and replace belts, hoses, components, etc

..L.T.A.
Problem I have is the distributor generally carrys the entry level machines on shop floor only, anything else is ordered in on your behalf.

Never seen a sapphire in the flesh or a prochem, hydramaster has more of a following here but thats more due to the distributor I think.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I feel an Amtex video coming on. I’ll make one tomorrow. It’s a good excuse to get out of church.

The Amtex dragon is pretty easy to wrench on. Lord knows I had to do it enough.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I remember the days when amtex was all the rage over on that other board! They all laughed at me when I said to look beyond that fancy paint job. Remember those ads on the back of cleanfax and those other POS chemtex?

Hahahaha!

Reactions: Josh

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I remember the days when amtex was all the rage over on that other board! They all laughed at me when I said to look beyond that fancy paint job. Remember those ads on the back of cleanfax and those other POS chemtex?

Hahahaha!
I’m stuck in church watching my kids sing. But you are getting a video.l when I get home.

Mikey P

Administrator

Hahahaha!

Those ads were for ChemTex...

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
The Amtex dragon is pretty easy to wrench on. Lord knows I had to do it enough.
And probably a question equal to how easy... is how much will I have to...

So the one with the most dependable engine and least complicated set-up. Which one can you keep running with only a pair of Vise-Grips and a spool of wire?

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
And probably a question equal to how easy... is how much will I have to...

So the one with the most dependable engine and least complicated set-up. Which one can you keep running with only a pair of Vise-Grips and a spool of wire?
You wanna see vice grips and chicken wire? This video was made just before I took out the dragon and put in the Sapphire. I really needed to get through my last job so I Rigged up a temp exhaust. Check it out. It’s quite comical. But you do what you gotta do.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom