Best Black Light?? Can't find previous posts

pinosan

Name
Martin
So, who's light is it?

I use Cobbs..

This is a plug in light from guitar center that has worked for me very well it's the led bar 16
bellow is a picture of it. they offer you free shipping and 30 days to return it if you don't like it.
it wights i guess like three pounds.

larry's sounds also good to have in your belt at all times. If we get a group buy I'll get me one as a back up or small jobs.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/American-DJ-UVLED-BAR16-Effect-Light-105776504-i1474345.gc

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Just a couple of comments on the other UV lights mentioned:

Pinosan's UV stage light will work , but it is powered by an AC cord, has a 40 degree spread, and according to specs, weights 5 lbs.

The Spectronics light uses a NiMh battery, which will self-discharge quickly.

The Dynachem light uses a lithium-ion battery, which will hold it's charge for a year.

Our light also uses higher power, and more efficient UV LED technology.

Larry

Last edited:

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I am a cheapskate, can't help it, I have been one my whole life. I also don't like to waste money though. I spend a lot of time researching stuff before I purchase and don't just take peoples word for it that it is good. So I bough larry's light. Yes it worked good but stocking one in every truck and a 12v charger for them would cost a lot. So I looked at other options. I researched uv lights and the different types that show urine the best.

What I found is that there is no other option that is better price wise for what we need it for. Different uv lights have different frequencies that determine how well they show up urine. Larrys led bulbs are actually very unique in what they do and the power they throw off. The company that made them has discontinued production because of the high cost of bulbs resulting in a lack of demand. From what I understand larry actually bought up a huge supply of them so he could continue to make the light. What that tells me is that not only is larrys light the best option it is really the only option in that price range to do what it does.

pinosan

Name
Martin
Just a couple of comments on the other UV lights mentioned:

Pinosan's UV stage light will work , but it is powered by an AC cord, has a 40 degree spread, and according to specs, weights 5 lbs.

The Spectronics light uses a NiMh battery, which will self-discharge quickly.

The Dynachem light uses a lithium-ion battery, which will hold it's charge for a year.

Our light also uses higher power, and more efficient UV LED technology.

Larry

I agree with you Larry as the light that I use right now is very effective it has the downside that you mentioned its about 12" long and I have to carry with me the extension cord and plug it in.
In cheapo rentals where there is no electricity because the cheap landlord or PM won't order it, i'm stock with the cheapo back up flash light type that shows very little urine.

I'm not concerned about the quality and the usefulness of your flash light. i'm concern about the unexpected that could happen if anything goes wrong with it being this operators misuse or manufacturers failure
it does not matter. should the LED burn for whatever reason do you have extra to sell for repairs? Being your flash light discontinued, how could we get it fixed or replaced should something happen to it. how long is your guarantee.

are you thinking about the group buy for the guys

thank you

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Pinosan:

I have sold hundreds of the newest model UV light.

I have never replaced a single LED, in these models over the couple of years I have been making them ( I have plenty of the LED's).

The lithium ion batteries have a five year lifetime and can be replaced by us or other battery suppliers.

All Dynachem products have a 1 year warranty for defects.

I just talked to Mikey, and agreed to offer a 5% discount ($12) to Mikey board members.

That should pay for the freight.

You will have to call in to get the MB discount.

Thanks;

Larry

Reactions: pinosan

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Pinosan:

I have sold hundreds of the newest model UV light.

I have never replaced a single LED, in these models over the couple of years I have been making them ( I have plenty of the LED's).

The lithium ion batteries have a five year lifetime and can be replaced by us or other battery suppliers.

All Dynachem products have a 1 year warranty for defects.

I just talked to Mikey, and agreed to offer a 5% discount ($12) to Mikey board members.

That should pay for the freight.

You will have to call in to get the MB discount.

Thanks;

Larry

PASS.... 5% is a lame ass joke.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
I have Bridgepoints black light AX132 UV Lantern. It comes in its own padded case with charge cord and glasses. When i bought this it was said to be the most powerfull cordless black light on the market. I can stand in a doorway at night and shoot the whole room at once.

Able 1

Name
Keith
PASS.... 5% is a lame ass joke.

LOL!! Why would Larry discount the best blacklight on the market? I have dropped mine more times then I would like to admit:redface: and still works lik bran new!

He really has something with this light... It is really great when someone has a urine issue, and they say "oh our little Fifi only went in this corner once"! Upon the walk through you can show the the extent of the damage and set expectations. The great thing about Larry's light is that is doesn't have to be that dark and you can stay standing straight up while inspecting.. Not really sure how you can treat a urine job without one of these, or a black light in general.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
IT is a great light and the price is very reasonable for what it is and does. Him giving a discount at all was very generous.

You guys beat Larry up way to much on this board. Seriously he gets probably less than 2% oh his business from board but recieves 90% of complaints from them. If I was him I would just tell the whole community to kiss off.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom