Best Buy Warranty Retirement

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
One door closes, and another opens.

About a week after I traded in my Shark for a new one, the beater bar motor burned out AGAIN!!!!! I can't count how many replacement Sharks I've been through, but the beater bar motor is a real issue. BestBuy only carries Sharks and Dysons. I've tried both and they just don't cut it for me. So I did the next best thing. I returned my Shark, got a $300 store credit refunded back to me, then went to Walmart and got a Bissel. Yes, I got the 3 year extended warranty on my new Walmart purchase.

Let me tell you, going to Walmart was an adventure. First, all the damn vacuums were in a locked case. I had to go wrestle down an "employee" to open the case for me. Then he (Corky) wouldn't let me have the vac. He had to carry it up front for me. So I had to check myself out at the self checkout. Then to get out of the store I had to show my receipt to some old guy. I asked him why I had to show my receipt to him when he just watched me self check out. I said since I'm doing your job for you I also checked my receipt myself to make sure I was stealing anything. He didn't find me funny. I hate Walmart.

1706075364901.png

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
My daughter goes to school in Ohio. When I make my monthly visit, it invariably includes a Walmart shopping trip (her choice, not mine).

I endure it by seeing it a study in culture and the business response to both the needs and moral/ethical frailties of their customers.

In all, I realize that we are already living in a dystopian society

Reactions: Nomad74 and jeffexe

Dr. Kleen

Name
Jodi Fandozzi
One door closes, and another opens.

About a week after I traded in my Shark for a new one, the beater bar motor burned out AGAIN!!!!! I can't count how many replacement Sharks I've been through, but the beater bar motor is a real issue. BestBuy only carries Sharks and Dysons. I've tried both and they just don't cut it for me. So I did the next best thing. I returned my Shark, got a $300 store credit refunded back to me, then went to Walmart and got a Bissel. Yes, I got the 3 year extended warranty on my new Walmart purchase.

Let me tell you, going to Walmart was an adventure. First, all the damn vacuums were in a locked case. I had to go wrestle down an "employee" to open the case for me. Then he (Corky) wouldn't let me have the vac. He had to carry it up front for me. So I had to check myself out at the self checkout. Then to get out of the store I had to show my receipt to some old guy. I asked him why I had to show my receipt to him when he just watched me self check out. I said since I'm doing your job for you I also checked my receipt myself to make sure I was stealing anything. He didn't find me funny. I hate Walmart.

View attachment 125922
Wait until the self checkout has the balls to ask if you want to leave a tip for doing their job…

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Wait until the self checkout has the balls to ask if you want to leave a tip for doing their job…

I was asked to rate my experience at Walmart after reluctantly putting in my card for payment.

When I gave it one star, my daughter asked me why I rated it so low.

I told her:

"Nothing experienced within the walls of Walmart deserves anything higher"

Reactions: Dr. Kleen

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
They also have all the socks and underwear, and fishing tackle locked up. It really takes all the fun out of shopping. Even though we live in a highly technical modern era, it seems like we are regressing back to the old ways. For example, in the old days prior to Piggly Wiggly, a person would walk into the general store; All the goods were safely secured behind the counter. The store keeper would remove the items you wanted from the shelf and ring you up. Seems like we are headed back there.

Next time I'll just order online and have it delivered to my door. Hope the mailman doesn't laugh at my choice in undies.

Last edited:

hogjowl

Idiot™
Been using Sharks for no telling h ow many years and I don’t recall ever having a motor issue. As I’ve noted before on several occasions, you’re particularly hard on equipment. After seeing your wanding technique in Tampa, it became apparent why.

Reactions: KevinL

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Been using Sharks for no telling h ow many years and I don’t recall ever having a motor issue. As I’ve noted before on several occasions, you’re particularly hard on equipment. After seeing your wanding technique in Tampa, it became apparent why.
Your mean words are like water off a duck's back to me.

• Love
Reactions: hogjowl

Mikey P

Administrator
My Walmart doesn't lock up anything but bullets, hard on pills, razor blades and better booze. They stopped locking the booze cabinet after a year

Reactions: KevinL

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
My Walmart doesn't lock up anything but bullets, hard on pills, razor blades and better booze. They stopped locking the booze cabinet after a year

As I said: "a study in culture and the business response to both the needs and moral/ethical frailties of their customers"

So it goes in Nevada land.......

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom