Best Commercial Vacuum

I currently use a Nilfisk Advance 14 with reusable cloth dirt bag. Anyone out there use something similar dual motor but less weight. This thing weighs at least 35 pounds and is just getting to heavy for us to lift day in and day out. Any ideas out there for vacuums that have cloth dirt bags that are dual motor and don't weigh too much? Thanks,

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i used the 16" version for 14 years...loathe that vacuum...especially when Nilfisk bought the company...even a weaker machine after they got into it.

i like my Dyson, but it aint "commercial"...

i like the Hoover Conquest...but no attachments / wand, so i use my Backpack vac for edging.

would prefer a wider Dyson tho.

use the Search button.

thanx --- Derek.

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
No such thing as best...but everyone has their favorites.Mine...Proteam 1500xp upright w/ attachments.

ScottM

Name
Scott Moody
for a heavy duty upright w/o tools............Hoover Conquest with the bag.

Dirt cups are lousy in everyday use.

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
Sanitaire it bother me how people in the cleaning business are not familiar with lawsuits . Dyson being one of them. First no height adjustment . Stiff brush a disaster. What about the material it is used on worst poly and wool/ Good luck .

I appreciate the great info guys but are there any real great dual motor vacuums out there that have utilize a cloth bag and are decently light?

Is my Advance Carpetwin 16 the only vacuum the only one I can use that has the cloth bag and is dual motor? Are they any carpet cleaners out here that utilize a dual motor vacuum that is lightweight and cloth bag? All I want is honest opinions here. Discuss this, what are you people using that works?

Grant D

Vacuums

The only other vac's that even have the cloth shake-out bags are the Sanitaire/Powerflite line and the similar Koblenz line. So you could try those. I prefer better filtration so I'd go with enviro or hepa bags.

For dual motor vacs there's Lindhaus and the PF 14 or 18, but those all take bags.

What's wrong with bags anyhow?

commercial vacuums

I literally dispose of 2 gallons of debris per day with my vacuums. For two months during the summer I clean somewhere near 200 or so apartments in this college town. It would not make economic sense to me to pay two or so bags per day while I clean apartments.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I hate emptying dirt cups and the Hoover I had didn't pick up crap. Plus you really need a hose to suck up the edges. Try a Sears Kenmore Progressive, It uses a hepa bag and has lights to show you are picking up dirt. Direct drive so there are no belts to break.

I can't justify spending money on dust bags when I will be going through one or two everyday. Do I pass that cost along to the customer (here in town nobody charges to vacuum), or do I eat the cost of a bag a day? What do you all do? Charge the client or have the cost of the bag built into the price of the cleaning? Thanks,

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
aspenedelen said:
I can't justify spending money on dust bags when I will be going through one or two everyday. Do I pass that cost along to the customer (here in town nobody charges to vacuum), or do I eat the cost of a bag a day? What do you all do? Charge the client or have the cost of the bag built into the price of the cleaning? Thanks,

When you price your jobs do you show the client a break down invoice plus sqft of what they are getting? If not, than work "your price" to pre vac which includes your cost of bags into the invoice price. Clients shouldn't know any difference, your selling value and your services.

The price per bag should be minimal considering how much net you're profiting from each job.

Just like pricing individual stains, you can price the stain itself or you can work that into your sqft pricing.

just a thought.

I have a itemized invoice that I print out for my clients that shown the price of carpet cleaning, Teflon application, steps, upholstery, so on and so on. Is there a "Normal" charge to prevac someones home? Thanks,

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
aspenedelen said:
I have a itemized invoice that I print out for my clients that shown the price of carpet cleaning, Teflon application, steps, upholstery, so on and so on. Is there a "Normal" charge to prevac someones home? Thanks,

i would just got up .10 cents or more, and tell the customer its included in the sqft pricing.

not every client needs to know the itemized details...some of my clients just want to have the place cleaned up, i tell them upfront 3 bucks a step, etc etc, and give a total price.

I am now charging .23 a sq foot and you are suggesting that I go up nearly half of what I charge? I honestly do not believe people would pay for this service. They will go to someone else here in town who doesn't charge for that service. Nobody here in town charges for that and there are seven companies. Thanks, and any ideas?

Supersucker

Anthony don't worry about what everyone else is doing.

You are charging .23 for an empty apt? You should have room to go up, assuming you are providing good work, what does it work out to per hour?

I don't do many my self, last apt I did was one-br for a tenant, .32/sf.

Oh and I am about to order the Sanitaire bagless, using a cheap one now. I put a 5-gal bucket on the front porch to dump into, and at the end of the day clean ALL the filters with compressed air.

Tony Neville

Name
Tony Neville
We are using powerflite vacuums but we don't like them. Personally I think it's worth 2-3 bucks to have the convenience of a disposable bag. How about a turbo cat, that is as light as they come with plenty of power and no bag at all!

Tony

Turbo Cat? I am not familiar with that? Any other ideas for a dual motor vacuum that you would recommend? Thanks,

Anthony

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
aspenedelen said:
I am now charging .23 a sq foot and you are suggesting that I go up nearly half of what I charge? I honestly do not believe people would pay for this service. They will go to someone else here in town who doesn't charge for that service. Nobody here in town charges for that and there are seven companies. Thanks, and any ideas?

our prices are between .35 to over .65 a sqft...im sure there are people charging much less, they are usually worried what the guy next to them are doing, we arent...we get jobs because we sell our company, give our best cleaning on every job, and wow the client, NEVER give the price over the phone....just because people came up with these prices years ago does not mean us cleaners have to give low ball prices just to get the job.

ive seen sings in my area charging $99 entire house any sqft, unless your clients are in the mid-low income housing...most of our clients would stay far away from these type of cleaners.

.35 to .65 would be beautiful but that total amt. is probably more than the average South Dakotan makes in a year. Just kidding but if any company charged that now they would be blacklisted pretty quickly. The money just isn't there to support that. Even though this is a college town the average income is something like $26,400. The money isn't there to support a wide range of charges.

TimP

I run the PV-12 prochem vac. It has no belt which is great, it also self adjusts height. It's fairly light and quiet. My biggest gripe is the bags at 22 bucks a set they are pretty hefty. I've been thinking about buying something that doesn't require bags just to save money but haven't made a decision yet.

Able 1

Name
Keith
has anyone used the turbo force or the rug rat for dry vacuuming? is it worth running your truckmount to vac. if you don't do it all the time?

roro

Name
Ross Craig
Anthony

On your web site you talk about Indoor Air Quality. Why even contemplate using cloth bags?

roro

Because on every cleaning that I provide for any residential client I put a Defendair in the middle of the room and let it do its thing. People here in town are so accustomed to having a great service done for a very nominal price. Example, I cleaned a house today for a client and used a Sebo that a friend let me borrow to try out. The client that I vacuumed for asked me if there was going to be a charge to vacuum his carpet. I told him there was not a charge for this session since I was "exploring" the potential of the vacuum. People in this small town do not want to pay for vacuuming at all. They have been so accustomed with having this service as free that they do not change to easily.

Back
Top Bottom