Best HEATED porty...

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
I had the Solus 500 from US-Products which had outstanding heat but yes it was problematic and kind of a piece of junk, this I know...

How does US-Products do it?

Smaller pumps and smaller tips with standard heaters??

Circuit boards and NASA type wiring bring the heat or what??

What is the best porty out there with the best heat????

Are they all pretty standard?? Similar pumps, standard 1000/2000 watt heaters or what??

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
other than his Fels Naptha comments I don't believe I've had the pleasure...

what do his units run as far as cost???

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
And aren't his units still heated off LP??

If he goes inside as a porty does he switch to electric??

My main concern is this freaking movie theatre I am about to deal with again. I've been putting them off for a while. Main theatres have only EVER come clean with the Solus High Heat and not re-soiled or wick backed through.

They are so spread out as far as distance and hot water source and working outlets (some my fault, some theirs), loose/bad breakers in their panel. They have capped off one of their hot water sources because they tell the janitor only cold water so it doesn't kill the wax...it is a pain in my rear to walk over 100 ft for hot water. Would be solid 300 ft + of hose run for a truck mount.

Did you ever try encapping it?

What about finding a unit with auto fill/dump instead of high heat, and do a prescrub with a 175 to compensate for not having heat?

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
Yes.

I encapped with 175 and tried 4 different juices on 4 different theatres

I think heat is what these type of places need. High flow may work but I think heat really does the trick.

I could try pre-scrubbing then rinsing. It's just an awful lot of chems and awful lot of outlets needed. This place has some bad outllets and breakers. Then I'm gonna need 3-4 different circuits and probably 500 ft of drop cord.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
So i am taking it you dont have a TM???

in the ones i do, yes they need HEAT and FLOW....and still sometimes it still looks like shit....(well when the carpet is 17 yrs old what do you want :x :x :x :x :x )

Maybe PM me some details....what color is the carpet?? and is it just the foyer halls? Or the theaters themselves??

And they have VCT in the main walking area??? it must be kinda old then....All around here are Tile or Cement, or a few with Carpet still

PCCN

jstucky said:
I had the Solus 500 from US-Products which had outstanding heat but yes it was problematic and kind of a piece of junk, this I know...

How does US-Products do it?

Smaller pumps and smaller tips with standard heaters??

Circuit boards and NASA type wiring bring the heat or what??

What is the best porty out there with the best heat????

Are they all pretty standard?? Similar pumps, standard 1000/2000 watt heaters or what??

I needed a quick use of a porty and rented a US Products King Cobra. Yep the $6000 monster for a day. Hmmmmm, I could spit hotter than that thing could heat. And the hose reel? Looks great on paper but its so flimsy its a joke.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Every porty available with heat has to compensate for the electrical draw of the heater by using other weaker components (vacs/pumps).
I would look into in-line external heaters, instead of an entire machine.

N

NJ104

I bought a century 400 ninja warrior a year ago (the new model) and have not have any problems with the heat or anything else I am extremely pleased I have done alot of nasty (you know black greasy waste water) carpets with it and they all come out clean in fact one custy had thought I had installed new carpets in her house.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I was a proud porty rocker for several years . I got a tm last april and even being one of the smallest tm's out there it knocks the sox off any portable I have ever used. I do still have a couple accounts I use one on. I think if I got another porty I would get the m5 . If you do a heavy pre srcub with a good pre spray and extract with the porty with hot tap water or heat with a bucket heater you will be fine. One of my biggest career mistakes is pissing away a bunch of money on portables and modifying portys. A porty can only be what it is even if some are better than others. Its a buyers market in this economy on used equipment. A decent porty will cost you 2 grand , for about four grand you can get a decent starter tm. I just saw a mint condition prochem blazer with 1400 hours with all hose reels and accesorys sell for 5 grand yesterday in country town 30 minutes up the road I couldnt believe it. I would get a mytee turbo heater and 220 adapter kit of you must have higher heat. will run you around 400 buckeroos

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Like Jr said bit the bullet and get a used TM.

If I had to buy another porty, I would get one with duel 3 stage vacs and buy additional inline heaters/ bucket heaters. You can’t have great vacuum and heat off a 2 cord machine. I can get carpets clean with not so hot water but It's hard to leave them dry with a dual 2 stage unit.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Hmmmmmm-
Century Ninja Warrior? Piece of shit.In 20 months I've replaced the vac motors twice, pump head 3 times, pump motor twice.
Don't go internal heat. Cooks the components because of heat build up in the motor compartment.Instead go with an inline heater.i use a Kleenrite Heatrite 2. Excellent heat and no BBQ of parts.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom