best non-hydroforce sprayer for prespray.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I can't get my Guy to slow enough to get carpets dry. It seems no matter what I change he changes his pace just enough to be done a smidgen faster than he should be to get the carpets dry when we leave. I think his definition of dry is different than mine. Anyway, the one thing that makes the difference is taking the hydroforce away. However the hydroforce is the easiest sprayer ever. What can I learn to use for prespray that will be effective and fit in my Chevy express next to an extra wide hose reel.?

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
You don't need a new sprayer you need employee handling skills. Just make it easier to follow the rules than not. In a word: consequences.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I have been struggling with what to do about this for some time. He has much better production rates than I do and the only noticeable difference is the dry time. His carpets look just as good as mine do. He needs to be more dileligent with spotting sometimes but that one is easy to reign in. I don't want to beat the urgency for good production rates out of him, so I have tried to work around putting consequences on dry and instead have reserved that for clean, happy, etc.

I did tell him he had to start getting carpets dry or Peel the dries in minutes logo off the side of the van and explain to the company owner why we were throwing three hundred dollars of signage in the garbage because he couldn't live up to an advertising claim. His dry times have been remarkably better since, but still just shy of the goal. I have been doing the cleaning today and getting it all dry before we go to the next but all the houses have been medium pile tufted Saxony nylon so far. Maybe getting hosevuffs that don't leak will make up the difference.

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
Let me teach you this little phrase that worked so well for me:

"NO because your dry times are too long"

Of course the opposite is true too "Yes because you worked so hard to get your dry times down where they need to be"

Now when he asks for anything he needs your say so for tell him NO because... i.e. can I get off an hour early today.

Then when he gets the not so subtle hint and gets his dry times down reinforce his efforts with the YES version.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom