Best Of..

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Was notified Monday from our Best of Las Vegas that they are adding carpet care/flooring as a category that can be voted on this upcoming month. I've been asking them for the last 3 years to add our industry.

For those of you champions of your Best Ofs every year, how do you go about advertising for it? Do you mass email asking to vote? Advertse it online? Leave something with customers after cleanings about voting? Are you awesome enough to not do any of those and be voted #1?

On the Best Ofs.. people voting, they have to select all categories before they can vote or can they just vote for you and hit submit? Haven't filled one out before.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We got emails just the other day that we are in the top 3 and to attend the dinner for the awards.

Its really lame here. The company that wins is the cheapest coupon guy. We get complaint calls from their customers regularly.

If ours had more legitimacy we would be involved in promotion. Instead we don't advertise it or attend the dinner.

If I were you I'd put the logo in all your marketing. Run a special thank you to exisiting clients. Try to get as many to vote as you can, but the promotion itself can be used to drive business.

Mikey P

Administrator
Do all of the above and offer a perk to voters if they take the time to do so.

What is Best of Las Vegas besides a site or magazine that will be selling you an ad?

Do people actually use it to shop for services?

Reactions: Pioneer Floorcare

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Scam all the way around. The best way to win? Wait until they contact you with an offer to multiply your existing votes x10 if you pay them for some advertising. The person that spends the most money buying votes wins - unless there is no other business in your category that wants to spend any money to manipulate votes.

The first time I participated I asked Facebook followers to vote for us, then learned it was a scam, then apologized to Facebook followers for not knowing it was a scam. At least the apology got a lot of positive feedback.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
I'm pretty sure ares consists of some sort of paid ads if you win as well, but I don't think it's a scam that way. The large hotels, bars, lawyers etc participate in this and logo the Best Of on tons of thinks to promote themselves. The larger companies can outspend me on this if they nominate themselves, but I feel it's better used for us just to reach out to people. Just nore branding purpose.

Mikey P

Administrator
If it's ran by the local newspaper it's legit

Otherwise it's like those glass/plastic trophies that declare you The Best that anyone can buy

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If it's ran by the local newspaper it's legit

Otherwise it's like those glass/plastic trophies that declare you The Best that anyone can buy
Ours isn't crooked but popularity isn't exactly an example of the "Best of" either.

Unless you count McDonald's as the Best of dining. They've sold billions. :winky:

Reactions: SamIam

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
The Cannery Hotel won the Best of... for losing your money...At least in 2012 cause it still hangs on the side of the building by the valet (large marquee sign)...At a pizza restaurant in Las Vegas, NV (which is now closed on Craig and Allen) they were "best of" because they put up window (large) decals on every window around their establishment...Just in case you were wondering...LOL

SamIam

Name
sam miller
We got emails just the other day that we are in the top 3 and to attend the dinner for the awards.

Its really lame here. The company that wins is the cheapest coupon guy. We get complaint calls from their customers regularly.

If ours had more legitimacy we would be involved in promotion. Instead we don't advertise it or attend the dinner.

If I were you I'd put the logo in all your marketing. Run a special thank you to exisiting clients. Try to get as many to vote as you can, but the promotion itself can be used to drive business.

Hater gotta hate!

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
:icon_twisted:

If any of my competitors were drowning, I'd stick a hose in their mouth and turn on the water. It is ridiculous to call this an industry. This is not. This is rat eat rat, dog eat dog. I'll kill 'em, and I'm going to kill 'em before they kill me. You're talking about the American way – of survival of the fittest.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
:icon_twisted:

If any of my competitors were drowning, I'd stick a hose in their mouth and turn on the water. It is ridiculous to call this an industry. This is not. This is rat eat rat, dog eat dog. I'll kill 'em, and I'm going to kill 'em before they kill me. You're talking about the American way – of survival of the fittest.

You watch to many movies

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom