Best port for lots of furniture

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I have units with furniture. The tm will be overkill. Looking for a porty to clean 156 sofas 156 loveseats. 640 bottom chair cushions and 533 full size mattresses. I want heat and not to big of a unit

Sent from my g2 using tapatalk. Whofat

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Can't help with a porty, Joe...but thinking out loud here...

you have guys that work with you, right?
You have a couple TMs, I don't know of any TM that won't support two or even three upl tools .
even a 36 blower TM should have plenty azz to run two upl tools

that would sure as hell beat the porty bucket brigade imHo

..L.T.A.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
meAt said:
Can't help with a porty, Joe...but thinking out loud here...

you have guys that work with you, right?
You have a couple TMs, I don't know of any TM that won't support two or even three upl tools .
even a 36 blower TM should have plenty azz to run two upl tools

that would sure as hell beat the porty bucket brigade imHo

..L.T.A.

X2 no way I would want to clean volume of furniture without a truckmount. IMO opinion you will be swearing at yourself by 2 hours into the job and sending for the truckmount. I do think it is a good idea to have portables on hand for high rise or impossible to truckmount type jobs but now ay for this scenerio.

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
I second the notion that you're insane to clean that much with any portable. Unless you get one of the super heated high vac ones and then all you really have is a tm on wheels so why not use your tm.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
As Larry said you could run a splitter and run dual setup off your TM if it's not already setup for two.

I ran a portable for over 10-years cleaning upholstery and it is hard to compare the cleaning power of a TM with it.

You'll have less spotting and fabrics will look brighter and cleaner with the TM and as well as the faster drying. Which drying is critical when cleaning upholstery.

I'd rethink the TM.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Truckmount overkill is easy to handle and would save time, but there are reasons not to run hose or leave doors open. Maybe he just wants a portable and would like this job to pay for it?

Given that you'll be moving the portable from unit to unit, one with a auto-dump won't help like it would if you were doing office furniture. A huge capacity wouldn't make a lot of difference either, since you'll be moving it constantly.

So a mid-sized unit that can get hot tap water hotter is all you need. Without doing any research I'd recommend a Kleenrite 500 series. There are lots of other options, but start with that to make comparisons.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Well we will be cleaning carpet in each unit. And maid service. I want to keep the carpet guys going, and not slow them up with upholstery. My plan is to clean uph before the carpet guys come. And clean it when my other team is doing maid service

Use one truck for carpet and another for upholstery. You have more than two trucks. Use two for carpets and one for upholstery, but don't use a porty to clean upholstery on a job that size.

You can clean upholstery while your machine is idling or just a little boost on the throttle. There is no need to run it wide open.

S

sam miller

I would wonder are you looking for something with auto fill auto pump out? The m5 from Mytee looks sweet hook it to hot water inlet use a truckmount tool and bang.

other then that buckets would suck I know John has a Mytee porty he sells and loves with a heater no auto fill and pump out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom