Best portable for starting out?

Mike45life

Name
Mike
Hello every one, I’m looking to buy a portable for just starting out. Yes I know most people use truck mounts but I will upgrade latter on. I’m looking for a 500 psi machine with a 12 gal tank and no heat. No heat because that’s a extra plug and the breaker could trip easier. Also has any one heard of the Sandia sniper machines? Their really cheap

Last edited:
Name
Lee Stockwell
Mike we all started with portables, me in the early 70's.

Buy the porty used if you must.

Buy a good 175 as well, 17" 1.5hp with a 20" malish driver and solution tank. Used is good here too. You will never regret this useful tool, as it can prescrub, encap and do hard floors. After 49 years I still use it often.

Mike45life

Name
Mike
Mike we all started with portables, me in the early 70's.

Buy the porty used if you must.

Buy a good 175 as well, 17" 1.5hp with a 20" malish driver and solution tank. Used is good here too. You will never regret this useful tool, as it can prescrub, encap and do hard floors. After 49 years I still use it often.
Is their a way where I can call you up or email you or text? I would really appreciate it. Thanks man

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
It doesn't matter what brand you buy. You need to have 2 power cords, suppling 2 3 stage vacuums and a 3-500 psi pump. Preferably 2-15 amp cords. If you are going to use it for houses, it needs to go up and down stairs easily. Weight is a big factor. I would look at the mytee speedster. They are not always regarded as a premium machine but I have one that I have modified for my own use. I normally use a truck mount for houses but I do a lot of condos with a portable. I have a variety of portables but the mytee gets used the most. Why? It is the most portable with big wheels, good handles, 2-3stage vac motors in parallel and a 300 psi pump that I will upgrade to a 500 psi pump. I sometimes use an edic inline heater with its own cord. It doesn't keep up with the flow but does help. So that's 3 power cords. Lee's suggestion of a 175 is good but also consider a crb for additional agitation.

Reactions: Hack Attack

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Also the mytee speedster is plumbed for 2 inch hose. Very important if you are going to do long hose runs. 50-75 feet. Better to add more hose than lug the machine up an interior staircase.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
500 PSI, two 3-stage vacuums is a good start for carpet. Before you buy any machine, consider if you will want to expand into tile & grout cleaning. You may want to go for more water pressure and volume.

Lee had good advice on the 175 RPM floor machine. You can often find a used one in a pawn shop or gathering dust is some garage or janitor's closet.

Here is a fine machine that meets your specs, plus larger, more efficient vacuum motors - https://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=MXE-500
This includes your hoses, wand, connectors and such which are all add-ons with some machines.

This Olympus has standard 3-stage vacs, same water pump, a few less features if budget is a consideration - https://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=M3-500

Reactions: Mikey P

Mike45life

Name
Mike
Also the mytee speedster is plumbed for 2 inch hose. Very important if you are going to do long hose runs. 50-75 feet. Better to add more hose than lug the machine up an interior staircase.
Thanks for the advice. Would I be able to call you up and ask you some questions? Have you heard of the Sandia sniper?

Mike45life

Name
Mike
500 PSI, two 3-stage vacuums is a good start for carpet. Before you buy any machine, consider if you will want to expand into tile & grout cleaning. You may want to go for more water pressure and volume.

Lee had good advice on the 175 RPM floor machine. You can often find a used one in a pawn shop or gathering dust is some garage or janitor's closet.

Here is a fine machine that meets your specs, plus larger, more efficient vacuum motors - https://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=MXE-500
This includes your hoses, wand, connectors and such which are all add-ons with some machines.

This Olympus has standard 3-stage vacs, same water pump, a few less features if budget is a consideration - https://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=M3-500

Thanks for the advice. Would I be able to call you up or text you? Also have you heard of the Sandia sniper machine?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Thanks for the advice. Would I be able to call you up or text you? Also have you heard of the Sandia sniper machine?

Mike, you can email me at scottw@bridgewatercorp.net or call 801 207-1136. I am now retired and available only when I want to be available. Monday and Tuesday and Wednesday early, are usually the best times to reach me.

I have seen the Sandia machine but never used it in day-to-day operations.

Reactions: Mikey P

Mike45life

Name
Mike
Mike, you can email me at scottw@bridgewatercorp.net or call 801 207-1136. I am now retired and available only when I want to be available. Monday and Tuesday and Wednesday early, are usually the best times to reach me.

I have seen the Sandia machine but never used it in day-to-day operations.
Thanks I will give you a call tonight

Name
Matt Ross
I just sold a sandia sniper. They come in different configurations of pump and vacuum. The body itself is the same. I had good luck with mine and no problems. Personally I would look at the rotovac cfx or the mytee offerings. Or what scott said. If you are planning on serious regular carpet cleaning an auto dump and auto fill is essential.
Like most people here, after having cleaned with a truckmount and portables, I would buy a used truckmount instead of pouring tons of money into a portable setup. But if you clean high rises or closed buildings then portables work good. Just my opinion.

Reactions: J Scott W

Mike45life

Name
Mike
I just sold a sandia sniper. They come in different configurations of pump and vacuum. The body itself is the same. I had good luck with mine and no problems. Personally I would look at the rotovac cfx or the mytee offerings. Or what scott said. If you are planning on serious regular carpet cleaning an auto dump and auto fill is essential.
Like most people here, after having cleaned with a truckmount and portables, I would buy a used truckmount instead of pouring tons of money into a portable setup. But if you clean high rises or closed buildings then portables work good. Just my opinion.
Thanks I’m probably going to get the rotovac Enduro. The sniper is cheaper, but what’s the difference in them?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom