Best Slide In Engine Kohler,Briggs,Honda

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
OH...im sorry......since wez was talking about lawn mower engines...i jus thought i'd show mine...

my bad!

steve g

Name
steve garrett
onan is the best air cooled engine I have worked with, they are bullet proof. alot of the TM manufacturers market the kohler as an upgrade over the briggs, I don't see it that way, I haven't had that great a luck with kohlers, they don't start as easy, the sound of the starter is aweful, the ones I used ATE voltage regulators at $90 a pop, so far with my 18 hp briggs it hasn't given me any problems it doesn't burn oil starts easily and flat out just runs, I think its a better engine and I use it on an HX unit. I have a 16 hp briggs in an old used and abused cub XL that has at least 3500 hrs when the hour meter quit working, its still has very strong compression and runs great.

I haven't read all the posts but a Kohler representative was at my supplier the other day and we were discussing problems they have been having with oil leaks from bad gaskets, oil drain stems etc. My engine has had 3 minor oil leaks. I have had to replace both gaskets and the drain stem. I thought I might be the only one but several other cleaners like 10 have had similar problems in my area and this is just one city. I think there may be a manufacturing default in the Kohler 20 hp air cooled engine.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
my little gas sippin' 302 is runnin' GREAT after EIGHT YEARS...an' STILL uses less gas than you lawn mower guys......

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom