Best technique to remove stain from wood floor

Khaled mtl

Name
Khaled Ataoui
Hi everyone, thank you for this great forum.
My name is Khaled from Montreal, new to this exciting business so I hope you can help me and give me some advice :)
My first question is to know what kind of stain is this and what is the best technique/product to remove it
Thanks
A364245C-1423-4804-83A4-3BDDF50AC746.jpeg
250E3F78-59E8-4BD6-9B21-54163D61EE71.jpeg

FredC

Village Idiot
some type of solvent (nail polish remover) spill?
idk

/off to ban Canadians and Steve from this thread

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Looks like a wax spill
Poly urethane floor wax
If it shows under a black light that is what it is

revitalize

Name
adrian
Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Khaled, ahlan!
It it difficult to tell if that is a coating of something or the damage caused by something. Here is what I would do:
1. Assure the customer that the floor may be badly damaged, needing sections replaced. You are to be paid for trying, however it results.
NOTE: Do the following in the middle of the stain, to prevent an accusation that you made a bigger, worse spot.

2: Using denatured alcohol and a microfiber towel, see if you can remove the stain. Alcohol will not damage the finish, but it will dissolve water based paints. Scrub hard and watch closely.
3. If step 2 didn’t work, use a “Magic Eraser” (https://www.mrclean.com/en-us/shop-products/magic-erasers/magic-eraser-original) and water to scrub an area. Magic Eraser will not damage the finish, but it is an ultra fine abrasive and works wonders. It may or may not get into the grain pattern, so just see what happens.

If 3 did not help, you have a chemical burn of the original finish. Consult with a local flooring store to see what replacement would cost and add a percentage to that fee for your time. Then, let them do the work.

Good luck!

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Hi everyone, thank you for this great forum.
My name is Khaled from Montreal, new to this exciting business so I hope you can help me and give me some advice :)
My first question is to know what kind of stain is this and what is the best technique/product to remove it
Thanks View attachment 93243View attachment 93244
Is there a floor vent that you could pull up and look at see the inside of this floor to show us what it's made of?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
and what kind of half assed wood worker are you?, anyways...

not a plastic one
looks like the grain is repeating = fake chit

if it disappears or nearly when wetted out, something ate the finish off .
re-apply some satin poly

if it's plastic wood, floor finish

if no difference when wet, it's fooked whether wood or plastic .
cause if wood, the veneer top is too thin to sand it out.
if plastic , can't do chit period

replace the bad pieces if same product is available...or buy a throw rug....

..L.T.A.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
That's what your carpet cleaning detergent looks like if you spill on a hard surface. Might just need to be cleaned off of the surface.

looks like white grout between porcelain planks in the lower photo
I thought so too. A plastic plank copy of a tile that is a copy of wood?

Reactions: Mikey P

Doug Rice

Supportive Member
Ask the customer if they have some of the product remaining that you can test. It is surprising that many say they don't know what it is until you ask for a sample. I would just use a neutral cleaner and lightly scrub but keep a towel nearby to keep it dry after scrubbing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom