best vac for a customer

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
i have a customer/friend that is dead set on buying a dyson..i just kind of shook my head but she thinks i am
screwing with her..
what are your opinions on the best vac for a customer to have in their home.
2 kids
2 small pets 1 cat 1 dog.
thanks

lance

The answer should be the one that she will use the most.

I used to have a ten year old Eureka that did a good job and filled the bag up with lots of hair and dirt. I would think a good Sanitaire would last a long time also.

Is she a Costco member? They have about seven or eight different vacs on the floor.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
davegill said:
i have a customer/friend that is dead set on buying a dyson.

she probably won't believe you if you told her the truth anyway, Dave.
The best thing about a dyson is their marketing

they're just another over priced plastic upright

Joni loves the Shark Navigator I bought a few months ago,
I do to...but not sure it's ready for our "abuse" (we beat the snot out of vacs in the sec 8s)
But it would be a great choice for a homeowner .
Light, QUIET , relatively inexpensive (she can buy one for each floor) has some great features and plenty suck

..l.T.A.

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
We have two of the Navigators and love them. One for the truck and one for the van. They have come down a little bit in price since the new model came out.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I would also suggest the Shark Navigator especially for a homeowner, because there are no filters to clean and customers in general won't clean them.

They are pretty tough also to have on your van (and I beat the crap out of everything :oops: :lol: ) I have hit ALOT of landmines with mine: finishing nails,paperclips, ect. and have had no problem with it. The vacuum is great..

The only thing I don't like is the small dirt cup, I find I usually have to dump it at least one time per room. :roll:

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Ross Buettner said:
I dunno man... Dyson is nice.

If they made one that can handle my tossing around and crazy hours, I'd own several.

I did a rare favor for my Mother-in-law last month. She asked me if I could fix her vacuum. I wasn't thrilled with he request, but when she broke out an old yellow Dyson canister vac, I wanted to check it out. I was surprised at how sturdy and solid it was. The reason I was surprised, was because every time I see a new Dyson in a store I go to check it out, and am amazed at how cheap and flimsy they feel. I am wondering if all the older Dysons were built better, because the new ones fell like junk.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I have a 2 Dysons, one on the truck and one in the house. The one on the truck has been there since I started 5 years ago and is about 8 years old. The one in the house replaced the one that went on the truck. Alot of people don't like them, but I think they work great and are built pretty tough. This is just my experience anyways.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Cleartraks are still available, $330, free shipping
if they break a part, just order the part and replace it

Closer to home, go to a reputable vac store and buy a used one
Didn't the Bissels stand up pretty good? It will be for home use so it won't get beaten up as bad as in a truck

Able 1

Name
Keith
Ron Werner said:
Cleartraks are still available, $330, free shipping
if they break a part, just order the part and replace it

Closer to home, go to a reputable vac store and buy a used one
Didn't the Bissels stand up pretty good? It will be for home use so it won't get beaten up as bad as in a truck

Bissels are great but would never tell a custy to get one since you need to clean the filters after every other time you vac.. As you know customers just won't do that.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I always tell customers to go with Oreck because they're so lightweight they are easy to use, plus they are tanks that will last ten years. I direct them to the Jon Don site for the Oreck and a few have ordered them while I was there. The custs love them.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
thanks guys..she didnt believe me about the dysone being over priced
pieces of plastic..
i feel that it is a 250.00 vac that is being paid 500.00 for.
i have owned them and they dont last up to daily use.
i will forward this to her to see for herself tomorrow..hopefully a few
more people respond.
i dont want any influence at all in this..i want your real experiences and opinions.
thanks
dave

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
We have 5 dysons purple animal version. Had a couple parts go bad and Dyson sent out new parts at no charge right away. They will even send out a box for pick up if customer can't handle repairs. Purple animal version has better suction. Ball types don't work as well.

We have the best luck with them over any others we have used.

Mark Saiger

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
I'm fortunate to have a vacuum/sewing shop in my area that has two generations of experience and as many demo units/brands you could ever choose from. I lead them right to the shop because they need to get their hands on one and hear from a shop that services them what works and what doesn't.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
do mention that if they use a Dyson on new cut pile carpet they will void the warrantee, the brush is far too stiff. Kirbys had the same issue.
If they have a berber carpet it will probably be fine since that extra stiffness will help to open the loops more, just watch for snags

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom