Best Vacuum cleaner?

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
Besides the price What was wrong with the windsors?
Reason i asked is because since the late 80s ive been using windsor's and love um of the 5 ive bought 4 are still in service. The oldest which is held together using parts from its retired twin is used primarily to vacuum my shop its outfitted with the optional reuseable cloth bag and is subjected to all sorts of misuse it sucks lots of nuts, washers, curly pieces of metal from the drill press and of course tons of gravel brought in by the vans, but with the exception of the occasional zip tie ,piece of lockwire or chunk of plastic it runs flawlessly and is at least 30 years old . The 2 vans each has a newer (15 or 20 years now) 12"version (shop vac is older 14") i stayed away from them for years because of the "computerized beater bar" but i have to admit they seem to run forever also bought one for the house. Even the local school district has been using um for years my only complaint is that I wish they went to the edge on both sides. When i did office cleaning in the late 70s and early80s i had vacuums called mighty maids, German built not very powerful but highly highly maneuverable,light weight and went to the edges on both sides, however it's flaw was that it pulled dirt thru the fan blade like a Kirby and if you sucked up a penny (and you did) it would get stuck and you had to stop and dislodge it. Now over the decades ive had several employees and these vacuum have survived them also. But perhaps its the way they are trained to take care of the equipment. In my shop their is a dry erase board any problems with anything is their responsibility to put on board, if i took a truck and found something wrong that's not on the board that employees could loose a day or more of work till i repaired it after all can't work if your tool doesn't. They found out quickly that not taking care of the equipment assigned to them could cost them also consequently my equipment tended to be treated as if their lively hood depended upon it ,certain procedures are in place to lesson problems, for instance all fluids are checked on the vans and machines each day employees were made aware to look under the vans with each visit during the day to look where they parked as they leave for fluids ,you'd be amazed at how many small leaks or problems were solved while they were small simply by doing that .well ive rambled long enough again in short windsor is my vacuum of choice

20201019_154310.jpg 20220723_190313.jpg Screenshot_20230218-105533_Google.jpg

Reactions: Kenny Hayes
Name
Nate W.
The best vacuum is the one that gets used.. I tell all customers that..

Everything is subjective to who’s perceived perception.. What a vacuum should have is the ability to turn on/off brush roll and have a built-in edging tool..

Remember when listening to “aging” cleaners.. Their physical reality will dictate what type of cleaning they prefer.. <<<<<<<this should ruffle some feathers!

Reactions: Rob Grady

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
Reason i asked is because since the late 80s ive been using windsor's and love um of the 5 ive bought 4 are still in service. The oldest which is held together using parts from its retired twin is used primarily to vacuum my shop its outfitted with the optional reuseable cloth bag and is subjected to all sorts of misuse it sucks lots of nuts, washers, curly pieces of metal from the drill press and of course tons of gravel brought in by the vans, but with the exception of the occasional zip tie ,piece of lockwire or chunk of plastic it runs flawlessly and is at least 30 years old . The 2 vans each has a newer (15 or 20 years now) 12"version (shop vac is older 14") i stayed away from them for years because of the "computerized beater bar" but i have to admit they seem to run forever also bought one for the house. Even the local school district has been using um for years my only complaint is that I wish they went to the edge on both sides. When i did office cleaning in the late 70s and early80s i had vacuums called mighty maids, German built not very powerful but highly highly maneuverable,light weight and went to the edges on both sides, however it's flaw was that it pulled dirt thru the fan blade like a Kirby and if you sucked up a penny (and you did) it would get stuck and you had to stop and dislodge it. Now over the decades ive had several employees and these vacuum have survived them also. But perhaps its the way they are trained to take care of the equipment. In my shop their is a dry erase board any problems with anything is their responsibility to put on board, if i took a truck and found something wrong that's not on the board that employees could loose a day or more of work till i repaired it after all can't work if your tool doesn't. They found out quickly that not taking care of the equipment assigned to them could cost them also consequently my equipment tended to be treated as if their lively hood depended upon it ,certain procedures are in place to lesson problems, for instance all fluids are checked on the vans and machines each day employees were made aware to look under the vans with each visit during the day to look where they parked as they leave for fluids ,you'd be amazed at how many small leaks or problems were solved while they were small simply by doing that .well ive rambled long enough again in short windsor is my vacuum of choice

View attachment 121078 View attachment 121079 View attachment 121080
In a Galaxy Far Far Away…

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Nate stole my highly original line.......The best vacuum is the one that gets used.

Now steal this line IDIOT!

Vacuuming is a passing fad

• Wow
Reactions: Nate The Great

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Is there any attachments for a TM vac hose that uses the vacuum lift to drive a beater brush? I tried before reducing down with a retail vacuum accessory on uph. It worked but not good because it spun too fast, and had no chance of not breaking the cheap plastic.

We have the vacuums of all vacuums, "central vacuum" no less, in all TM's, why waste it? And to the point of vacuuming, it comes down to who is doing it and how good they do it. The different approaches really just comes down to time. However I am a fan of HEPA filters in houses, they are a Pia to maintain, expensive.

So the vac attachment for a TM would have to be engineered to control the speed of the brush. Overpower is the challenge, not too bad of a problem. Idle would be fine for sure with my Thermalwave.

Am I 20 years behind on this one too? Maybe they are out there already...

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
We have the vacuums of all vacuums, "central vacuum" no less, in all TM's, why waste it?

if using gas and putting hours on a $30k TM to do the job of a hundred dollar vac makes centz to you, then the Turbocat might work for you.

1684666702396.png

..L.T.A.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
I just bought a Dyson Outsize.

I’ve been using Sharks, but this vacuum has been worth every penny so far.

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
if using gas and putting hours on a $30k TM to do the job of a hundred dollar vac makes centz to you, then the Turbocat might work for you.

View attachment 122543

..L.T.A.
nice, I also saw something on Jon Dons site.

To me, navigating 2 sections of vac hose without a solution line, or with if there are nasty spots, would be so much easier then plugging in, maintaining, a regular vacuum cleaner.
This is for residential and furnished homes. The remote start stop with machine on idle not even a worry of gas $. On my 19th year with my #5 blower so Im all about using it whenever I can.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom