Best Wand

N

nwhmbiz

Hello all,
I'm new here so hello to you all.
I've sucked alot of rug in my day and was wondering, what's the wand of choice out there?

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
I have four titanium wands, a greenhorn light for a portable and a new Zipper wand and i like all of them. :wink:

I have two prochem 4 jet wands and they are pos. However, I am determined to make them work. Sometimes the simplest solution is often the most overlooked one. One of the wands oversprays. Here is my simple solution. Take a wrench and turn the jets where they spray at an angle into the carpet. If the jet oversprays simply turn it to where it sprays right to the edge of the wand. You can ad 110 jets to the middle jets and again angle the jets so they overlap each other but do not interfere with any other jets spray pattern.

Greenie

It's a major pita, but I "have" fixed a PC Quad jet before, you have to remove the manifolds and use some 1/4" or 5/16" flat stock to push the manifolds back, I might even use 1/2" the next time I do it and machine a 15 degree angle into one side, then drill the bolt holes, this Mimics a Greenhorn wand's angle and allows room for the jet extensions, doing both and adding wider spray jets fixes the pile distortion and streaking issues, but it's work by the time it;s all done, cause you have to bend the hell out of the U shaped horsehoe SS lines feeding the jets, and you will have some slack in the soft solution line.

I just boxed up two more 14" greenhorns today.

N

nwhmbiz

Thanks for the info, I also have a Greenie and Titanium.
The Titanium seems to streak abit on more soiled rugs right in the middle thus making 8 inch passes instead of 16 inch.
The greenie i use in large rooms and empties, provides a good even cleaning...
About 6 months ago I bought a 2 jet enclosed 12inch head wand that is half the weight, I believe the cleaning seems to be better and a bit faster.

Greenie

aaah....but how are the dry times?

Just curious what pressure do you clean at with all three?

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
We all know that the Hydra Hoe is the wand of choice for most cleaners. Can't beat it. All others are just sub standard. I said HYDRA HOE.

TimP

Brian Robison said:
Yea, I don't get how it can clean while the jets are hitting the glide...but it does.

The solution is supposed to barely hit the glide. Once the wand is on the carpet the solution stream hits the yarn and the suction from the glide/wand creates a flushing action. You can keep your wand in one place and not wet the backing when its setup right.

N

nwhmbiz

I as well clean at 550-650 psi when using the Titanium and Green horn, but the 12 inch i clean at 450 psi and it cleans like a big dog!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom