Best way to clean over 1000 cgd steps

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
We would Most likely also HWE, but depending on hose run limitations not sure what my other attack plan would be. The little Pullman Holt unit did look cool when I saw it at connections.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
I tried the drills with cotton pads and cimex fiber pads and could not believe people were actually doing this . The drill threw the crap and moisture all over the place, makes a real mess. OP would be a much a better choice if this is the direction you are taking.

Reactions: hogjowl

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
no option to hwe with the trucks..i dont have a porti and would rather not use one..

the angle grinder with the pad driver and a fiber bright pad worked great just gunna be hard on the quads
for the guys

ok its looking like theres no real great way to do them other than what i have already done..

i could hwe 1/2 of them but am not a fan of mixing methods..

thanks

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The cimex pad does a great job of breaking it up but a combo pad or microfiber will do better at picking it up. We use a Cyclo car buffer and it does a great job on the bull nose but is a bit of work if you have that many steps. The torque will wear you out worse that if would have just steamed them.

Maybe a padson or something similar.

2013-09-20_10-30-06_729_zpscf607a9c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I clean steps all the time with a 12" oreck encap juice and a microfiber pad. Beats the hell out of using a drill ot angle grinder. The head pivets to get the fronts and sides. And you can do it whle standing up. Start on top and work down. East peasy. And great results

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Get a few orbital car polishers & some velcro. Glue the velcro to the car polishers and you have a mini op machine/knock off Stepson. Or you can subcontract it out...

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Yeah, Tuways and fiber pads... Something else that worked well for me was microfiber towels (found next to the polisher at Walmart).

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Got a stepson. Doesn't seem like it will work as good as the angle grinder though..maybe I'm wrong but I just feel like the results would be as good..I will try a few 1/2 and 1/2 to see..

I will look into a few other suggested options too

Thanks

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'd say it depends on soil load. The heavier the soil load he more I'd want to pick it up with pads. At least the tread and bullnose, the risers are never very dirty so it wouldn't matter which system you used on them.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Got a stepson. Doesn't seem like it will work as good as the angle grinder though..maybe I'm wrong but I just feel like the results would be as good..I will try a few 1/2 and 1/2 to see..

I will look into a few other suggested options too

Thanks

Just get an Oreck a few pads and a driver and you won't have to play games with angle grinders

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'd think if you sprayed them heavy with your Releasit, you should be able to do a great job with the Padson. We use Vacaway's Encap green and they come out great.

Cleans fast, looks great and dries fast.

Reactions: hogjowl
Back
Top Bottom